TFT dash warning message

I had it on mine at 80 miles . It was the fueling needed adjusting and a software upgrade . Cleared the error code and fine since . its a bloody big warning light and the same sized warning comes up to say low fuel ride to nearest petrol station . The Tech said it was uncommon but they'd seen it on a few R9T racers / Don't worry it has a warrentee . Love mine still :thumb2

I got this message twice before I left the dealer.

Problem reported to be low battery voltage.

After leaving the bike overnight to get charged up, returned to the dealers.

52 miles later, stopped, put down the side stand and same message came up.

Back to dealers.

This time fault diagnosed as faulty side stand switch. Switch changed. Then advised that oftware update was needed. "Possibly 4 hour job".

So bike left at dealers over the weekend.

Bike owned for 4 days, 52 miles (200+ on dealers demo bike), and still not been able to park it in my garage.

Bike returned from dealers at 6.00 pm last night after getting software update.

Bike sat for 2 hours in my garage. Went out to start it......FFS:mad::mad::mad: 4 times now - 72 miles (less than 50 ridden by myself)

Have you thought about replacing your garage?

Is that jefferies at Rotherham?

i had a few problems with my brand new 1250 that required a new engine, they were fantastic at sorting it.

Yes it is. They have been brilliant.

Hopefully the bike will be fine now.

Replacement bike picked up on 18 May.

First service on the 7th June.

Fitted the "PRO" chip at 1000 miles.

VERY happy chappy:thumby:

Dealer, MOTORAD Central, were very helpful in getting everything sorted.

I got this message last week and took the bike to my BMW dealer. They said the last guy who came in with this ended up with a new bike. :eek:

Mine has been diagnosed as needing a new exhaust manifold and the error codes ultimately related to the fuel pump which they are not going to replace as all seems okay with it. Will get the bike back next week and see how if runs then. This is the fourth time it has had to go back due to error messages like this and I am getting a bit fed up with it if I am honest.

That said, the dealership have been absolutely brilliant throughout with first class customer service. I have also really enjoyed the loan bike - S1000R! Want one. Perfect companion to having a GS. :)

They are now replacing the fuel pump. On order from Germany. GS750 loan bike not quite as much fun though!

Got the same problem on a three month old 1250 going in to Chester Motorad for a code read tomorrow!

Went in for the scan,came up with feul pump problem,said they would order a new pump,rang me today said it didnt need a pump and they have checked all the voltages and done a software renewal and all ok picking it up today .

I’ve had a similar message but in red. The bike cut out and when it stopped I restarted it and it was taken to dealer. It said “Serious fault in engine control! Onward journey possible. Engine damage may occur. Have checked by workshop”
Dealer found no fault but after another 200 miles it cut out again but didn’t display any error. Dealer has it back but cannot find a problem. I don’t feel too confident about riding it until they can find a fault.

I’ve just had the same error message on mine when I arrived home and stopped it using the sidestand switch as it was in gear. I switched it off and back on again and the message has cleared and nothing’s showing on the computer :confused:

On again

Surprise suprise it’s come on again after 50 miles back to Chester Motorad on Tuesday not happy ☹️

I’ve had a similar message but in red. The bike cut out and when it stopped I restarted it and it was taken to dealer. It said “Serious fault in engine control! Onward journey possible. Engine damage may occur. Have checked by workshop”
Dealer found no fault but after another 200 miles it cut out again but didn’t display any error. Dealer has it back but cannot find a problem. I don’t feel too confident about riding it until they can find a fault.

Is that Inverness dealer ? Thinking about one but no so sure now ?

So Service department is closed on a Monday,rang up first thing on Tuesday and they now say they will change the feul pump,but cant do it untill a week on Thursday,not happy as i am due for a week round Wales on Wednesday and i cant go on a loan bike because they have to be locked up at night.
So do i cancell my trip or go on the bike and take a chance?
Trip to France in 4 weeks am loosing confidence in the reliability.

Is that Inverness dealer ? Thinking about one but no so sure now ?

Yes it is Inverness. The sales team and mechanic are superb. Just badly let down by the car focused service admin. I’m going in on Friday to find out what is going on so will post the results when I find out more. Don’t be put off by my experience. They aren’t the dealer of the year for new sales for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom