Bridgestone Battlax A41 update...400 miles in

A41 are way better on my 1250 compared to A3 I had on the 1200. The dealer was going to swap tyres if the new bike came with A3 but no need. A41 make the GS feel great and my confidence has co e on leaps and bounds

A41 are way better on my 1250 compared to A3 I had on the 1200. The dealer was going to swap tyres if the new bike came with A3 but no need. A41 make the GS feel great and my confidence has co e on leaps and bounds

fair enough! I went round Thruxton on annakee 3 and found no probs at all in fact almost opted to replace like for like when they wore out.

Took my A41’s off after 400 miles saving them for trip to Austria got A3’s on there at the moment to use them up.

IMO nothing really wrong with A3’s but A41’s seem better and quieter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but your not really interested unless the opinions agree with you though are you?,when I changed my a41 for roadtechs the guy without prompting said "bet your glad to get rid of those " imo they are a poor tyre in anything but perfectly dry warm conditions but of course I must defer to your riding many thousands of miles on all makes of tyre eh

You misunderstand. Nothing personal but I'm not really interested in your opinion of the A41s...I was offering MY impressions of them for comparison with others I've tried for anyone else thinking of trying them. I've already said that the Roadtecs are good so don't understand your butt-hurt, nor do I much care. In fact, I don't really understand why you're bothering to contribute to the thread as it's obvious you don't like them. That's your choice :thumb

So far, general feedback suggests that far more people rate them than don't, and I do rate them. My only reservations are wet weather handling. I can't draw any conclusions from riding them from new in the wet as any tyre'd be dodgy from new in those conditions.

I've got a couple of thousand miles on my A41's now and love 'em. Excellent in the dry and the wet but I'm no Rossi.

You misunderstand. Nothing personal but I'm not really interested in your opinion of the A41s...I was offering MY impressions of them for comparison with others I've tried for anyone else thinking of trying them. I've already said that the Roadtecs are good so don't understand your butt-hurt, nor do I much care. In fact, I don't really understand why you're bothering to contribute to the thread as it's obvious you don't like them. That's your choice :thumb

So far, general feedback suggests that far more people rate them than don't, and I do rate them. My only reservations are wet weather handling. I can't draw any conclusions from riding them from new in the wet as any tyre'd be dodgy from new in those conditions.

:comfort

Had Tourances before and now have a set of A41s.

Great set of new tyres, much better than the fecked jobbies I had on before surprisingly.

No problems with them and not anticipating any either.

Some of you bods should be professional tyre testers:rolleyes:

Great set of new tyres, much better than the fecked jobbies I had on before surprisingly.

A41's have now done 4200kms. Looks as though they will do at least that again, which is excellent. No issues with the way they handle, in fact probably the best I've had
after around 20 sets on GS's. Annoyingly noisy, which is a real pity. In fact , bad as Michelins which is saying something. May avoid avoid them next time. Tourances are quiet, but don't wear as well, so makes selection hard.

Nah , I have a rubber fetish … tried loads..

My new GSA has just been delivered with the A41 tyres fitted. I was a little concerned at first due to the on line mixed reviews, but reading this thread has restored my faith a little. I haven't ridden the bike yet due to health issues but I'll get out on her as soon as I can and feedback my thoughts.

My new GSA has just been delivered with the A41 tyres fitted. I was a little concerned at first due to the on line mixed reviews, but reading this thread has restored my faith a little. I haven't ridden the bike yet due to health issues but I'll get out on her as soon as I can and feedback my thoughts.

A41 on rear is lasting far better than anything I've had before and grip is fine. Front tyre noise drives me crazy and is nearly stuffed, while rear has another 5,000 kms left. [I've done 8,000kms]
I'll be looking to replace front with Tourance next, and the rear with A41.

The first time I've had a front wearing quicker than the rear was with A41's. Wasn't keen on them and replaced both with PR5's, even though the rear had loads of tread left.

Mr Bean, had same front wore out before rear after 6000 miles, changed for PR5 adventure and don’t feel as nice. Turn in slower and just seem harder to get over to the edge of tyre. At £70 a set more unless they improve or last longer than A41 think I will be heading back in that direction :bow

Weird I liked the A41s on my 1200 GS ,I also liked the Michelin Anakee 3 as well the came with my 18 plate lc , pattern forming here :augie

Dave

i thought the annakee 3 ok as well did a skills day at Thruxton no prob

Back
Top Bottom