f650gs upgrades

wpm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum so please be gentle.
My wife has just got a 2009 f650gs but it doesn't have the fuel gauge upgrade. my question is can this be retro fitted?
Are there any performance upgrades that are worth the time and money?

Thanks in advance,

Ignore the Luddite, bleeding place is full of 'em. As to the original question, my wife has a 2008 F650 (factory lowered) Twin and neither of us can remember if it's got a fuel gauge or not. It does have a 'miles to refill' countdown but I'll have a look tomorrow and see if it has a visual gauge. Regarding other upgrades; my wife is only 5'00" and found the original levers an uncomfortable stretch so we swapped them for cranked adjustable ones which suit her reach much better. We fitted an adjustable gear lever for the same reasons. The standard screen is vestigial at best, but the OEM screen from the 800 is a straight swap and perfect for her height. Vario panniers are very wide when expanded so it now wears a set of Jesse Oddessy luggage which are narrower than the handlebars.

ps - My wife was offered a go on the 1200GSA at the BMW Off-road course; she could ride it no problem but had to circle until the others had finished their lunch before she could come to an assisted halt.

Unfortunately I can't ignore him he lives to close to me!!!!!!
Thanks for the reply I had presumed the fuel gauge would be a digital,one and so I would have thouhpght it may be a firmware upgrade or something like that, I have lowered her bike with a factory low shock and shorter front shocks and a lowered seat.
Just waiting for the low stand to turn up and she is set to go. Mort has also got me some adjustable risers so we can pull the bars back a little. She is also only 5 feet tall but a great rider. She did the same as your wife but on my electraglige rode it no problem but I had to run along side her and catch her when she stopped. I will,post a pic when the bike is finished.

Back
Top Bottom