The Greatest Escape Redux- This Time Its Personal

Again with kind permission of John's family....

d342d37e0530b3fdaa83cac33d55708f.jpg
0d624d9be9463c9879d217a6dd7f4c54.jpg
992a6b86fd41c58c926f12a2e00d5ea3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The accommodation was fab. I love these aspects of the trips. Blundering about and booking something when you get tired.

This was like staying at your grannies place, without the smell of stale wee and having to eat like your still living in the blitz.

A great find in a great place, target tomorrow is Cortina and some passes....

Day 5 and I wake to blue skies again peering in through my wooden shutters.

Quite warm at night so on a good boy and sip water regularly.....

On looking over I discover I've been sharing my hydration with this little git.......still onwards to Cortina, named after a popular 70s car, as I want to visit some bond locations.......maybe see if I can spot any XT500 remains......

8dddc678516921cf3f5ce182e14cc21c.jpg
ca2e1e4a3b65715d4f684793e87fe212.jpg

Have a bimble up to Cortina via one of the ride mag routes, (which happily I've ended up sleeping near), roads there are fab but I realise I've left a sticker saying,

"Oi Italian cocksucker, please drive like a twat through 50km limits and no further than 30cm from my back wheel"

I know it's a cliche but Italians are fucking awful drivers in the main. Speeding at at least 100km in a 50 limit makes you a twat in my book.

The procedure of being overtaken in villages and then overtaking same vehicles on open roads continues next few days.

I'm sure years ago I'd have beaten the crap out if someone by now but age makes me just chill and accept that we all have different tolerances for speed.

(I'm still right though, twats)

Anyway.....stumble along lots of nice passes and link roads and book a hotel in Bolzano, a bit of a shit hole I think but it was cheap.

On arrival the manager says there has been a cock up in pricing and that I owe another 68 euros.

"You can fuck right off" expressions are multi lingual and he gets one big time.

I call booking . Com and they are great and tell him to offer the price already paid.

I tell the lovely lady at booking that I'd rather have a refund as the guys attitude is all wrong and it's in a shitty part of town anyway.....

Job done, refunded and off to find food and a room .....

If in doubt.......seek bikers out.

Sometimes I'm a jammy git.

I usually drop lucky with weather as on this trip and usually something always turns up accommodation wise........

Just it normally doesn't come with a hairy arse and Cuban heels......

4a4f934e7786b2ed876b74a4e522b9ea.jpg
c149c5a3fb483c9d40debba15e811b68.jpg

I stumble across a Harley dealership with a good cafe attached. No doubt some of you have been here.

Grab some food and as I'm on a GSA and clearly foreign I attract some interest.

A chap offers to book a room for me. I tell him in broken German that I will be sleeping with a cork in my arse and will not entertain any kind of Harley Club "special" hospitality :)

So he has a brother who used to date a girl who went to yoga with a girl who once met a guy who used to be married to a bloke who now owns a hotel 15 miles away.

I'm knackered so I take the help gladly, eat up and say thanks in my most heterosexual tone i can manage and blast off to the digs......

On looking over I discover I've been sharing my hydration with this little git.......still onwards to Cortina, named after a popular 70s car, as I want to visit some bond locations.......maybe see if I can spot any XT500 remains......

8dddc678516921cf3f5ce182e14cc21c.jpg
ca2e1e4a3b65715d4f684793e87fe212.jpg

Whats that?:eek::eek::barf:barf

It's commonly known as a stink bug, or if you want to be precise, the brown marmorated stink bug, or if you want to be pedantic, Halyomorpha halys

The knowledge base on here never ceases to amaze....

Anyway I'm met , not by a mustachiod type holding an anal intruder, but a nice lady who shows me in.

Again I've dropped lucky as its brilliant.

Another great day.

Plan tomorrow is Julienne Pass again, my fave pass and on towards St Anton area.

Bit of food and fall adleep. having checked for any Carcarridan Carcarrious lurking in my water.....

Day 6

Another Jackpot with accommodation.

I didn't wake up with an arse like a Japanese flag and breakfast was amazing. 29 euros, back of the net.

A quick walk round village, food pack and head towards Tirano, I want to see the famous Fiat factory.......

36f6ee01d9eb960688281d61710816e3.jpg
9f4a847108572d625fbd7fa67f3da759.jpg
dec86f48156ed8211cd41b344c35985c.jpg
7538be171ce454d30e49d2648f36cc2e.jpg

Looks excellent. What daytime temps are you riding in?
(are you sure its not a special non-brexit summer theyve not let us know about?) :D

Looks excellent. What daytime temps are you riding in?
(are you sure its not a special non-brexit summer theyve not let us know about?) :D
Absolute temps have been from minus 4 to plus 20.

In hills generally about 7 to 10.

Flat open areas about 14 to 18.

Basically perfect, bar the Black Forset storm, but that makes for good memories:)

Back
Top Bottom