The Greatest Escape Redux- This Time Its Personal

Day 9 and its basically run north to somewhere in the Scharzwald again. Hopefully with less snow.

The weather men are again as useful as Ann Frank's Marshall amp, its gleaming so yet another result.

Breakfast, (on time), and head towards the pass running north towards Stanzach and Reutte.

I'm going to do my fave road again and pass by the scene of snegma gate where my neck decided to unstich itself last trip in September....

At Berwang I stop after 20 amazing miles on that road and have Goukashzuppe in the sun.

I am most certainly a jammy twat when it comes to weather.....

85ca23d0884774bc64b57b30dcc41364.jpg
3dfc6b9dd2dfcf43c872e5b38106e7f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry I meant Stanzach. Berwang is eastern end of that road.......

Its onwards then turning left towards Sonthofen area.

Please ride the 199 from near Reutte to Sonthoffen. It's got everything.

Trust me, you've got 4th gear 80mph sweepers and stelvio type bits too if that's your thing.

Surface is like a racetrack.

Unmissable.

f102f1c1921ebb532155e4af992dde54.jpg

Pushing NW now and hacking past Lake Constanz or Bodensee, and into the Schwaz forest again.

Booked digs whilst having Goulaszuppe earlier and it's in Titsee Neustaft.

Weather remains perfect.

Accn is another result. V clean and cheap.

Shower up and walk into town for coffee. About a mile or so.

On checking weather it certainly looks like my good run is over. Shame as the roads through the forest are brilliant.

Not to worry, coffee, cake walk back and get head down.

Overall the best day so far for pure riding and it hit 22 deg too.

Cashback

Plan tomorrow is to make the museum in Speyer as recommended on here, if shit weather I'll mong it on autobahn......

Apart from my room having the ambience of a cheap brothel its fab.

I can see bike whilst showering or even having a poo, you gotta love a place where you can simultaneously watch your bike and shake your winnets off.

5423e0b5f9ceb4a394a73bb18f897741.jpg
324c2ad72f2c63838f38086fe4b0445d.jpg
d18b7782a3729a81f07ed9b60e5b30a6.jpg

I stayed in the Black Forest a few years ago in early May. It was 25 degrees during the day and -5 at night. We were camping too. Your report reminds that I need to go back there, but not when it's that cold.

Completely agree about the roads - perfect biking roads everywhere.

Indeed. Weather variable but I've been v fortunate indeed. Certainly been cold at night.

Hats off to you camping through that :beerjug:

Indeed. Weather variable but I've been v fortunate indeed. Certainly been cold at night.

Hats off to you camping through that :beerjug:

We only camped one night in that cold. If I'm honest, it was well beyond uncomfortable and verging on dangerous. I didn't exactly have top quality kit either.

Yes, I've had a few v rough nights and it puts a pisser on next day.

On this trip I've paid generally about 25 quid a night, considering that's usually Inc breakfast, so lunch too, I recon a bargain.

The Joy's of being solo and booking on the hoof as you go I guess:)

Anyway, get head down, only interrupted by some fat German burping and farting, who, having seen the red light on asks if I am doing any "specials"

"Ich habe kein interezt Im ihre schlong, gnau mit ihre fat ugly frau gehen unt remain aweg von mein GS ihre fat sweaty jurgen"

Does the trick, off to sleep...

Day 10

Wake up to fog and bit of frost on screen.

I've got one of those nappy things that cover the seat and dials, it was festering in my garage but rescued during my recent clear out, good timing.

Peer out and decide best plan is to scratch my nuts, eat a bel vita bar and doss about for an hour.

Sure enough it clears and its gin clear again. Once again the met man is as useful as Anne Frank's sub woofer.....

Onwards through the forest, very happily not on autobahn....

I route Triberg Forbach on the yellow road, 462. Or as I have now christened it the Scharzwald Hockenheim Ring.

Surface perfect, traffic light and bends fab.

Triberg is the place to go if you feel that you dont have enough cuckoo clocks in your life.

I'm truly v lucky to have had yet another perfect weather day. I kind of regard tomorrow onwards as positioning back really so not too worried about weather then.

Get spat out of forest and hack up towards the museum. Easy to find at Speyer, a 747 is on a plinth outside.

I arrive at 1500 and it shuts at 1800 so I hope 3 hours does it justice.

Decent lockers for kit so off to explore, oh its 15 euros so not cheap....

Cant miss it

The museum seems to have been designed by the guy who does merchandising at Lidl, using the,

'get whatever we can and just lob it in the building"

technique.

Theres essentially 2 halls and the outside.

One hall has cars and trains and trucks etc

Other hall has mainly space stuff and motorcycles.

Outside are planes and a u boat you can go in.

Arriving when I did means its near empty. 3 hours is plenty to do it all, and I spent a long time reading about all the Apollo missions.

Anyway I'll let the pics take over....

Back
Top Bottom