Cardo packtalk bold with JBL

Gloop

Reaction score
Evening all, I'm looking at getting a packtalk bold but the prices vary hugely online. So is it worth the premium for JBL speakers? I see some systems with 35mm speakers. Presume the old models? but also 40 and 45mm. The 40mm speakers are a lot cheaper than the 45mm. Are they both 2019 models?
I am somewhat dazed and confused. :nenau
Ideas and opinions please.

The latest 2019 versions of the Packtalk Bold and Slim both include the JBL speakers and sound processing software.

There is a JBL 45mm speaker package available soon as an upgrade option for all existing Packtalk models for £97. These are better speakers than those included with the JBL versions of the Bold and Slim so might actually be better to get the cheaper Bold without the JBL and add the better 45mm JBL speakers.

As an owner of a regular Packtalk, Bigger better speakers will definitely be a bonus as It lacks volume at higher speeds. Strangely the loudest Cardo I ever had was the G4, all subsequent models have been quieter! Still the best Comm's system available IMO.

I fitted torx xpro speakers to my packtalk, vast improvement. I have an older Packtalk so not jbl speakers came with it.

packtalk bold speakers are OK: however, vcannot see the point of "HiFi" speakers on the bike, if they are louder still not really worth the money, wind noise will still be there destroying quality of music at speed and same for conversation, volume level needs to be high to be intelligble at speed, better off spending on in ear monitors and then you dont need to overpower your hearing so much!

i bought the 2018 Packtalk and found it quiet listening to music, intercom seems fine though which is odd.
So upgraded to the JBL 45mm, not much improvement really. A little better but still not great

i wonder if its because the Arai tour x4 is quite a loud helmet?

i bought the 2018 Packtalk and found it quiet listening to music, intercom seems fine though which is odd.
So upgraded to the JBL 45mm, not much improvement really. A little better but still not great

i wonder if its because the Arai tour x4 is quite a loud helmet?

Speaker position is critical. But one thing to try, go into the connect app and make sure the all the audio slides for music are at max. The other thing to try, is to switch off the AGC (auto gain control or whatever its called) I had mine set to medium and switched it off on advice from another forum and that improved things.

Apologies in advance if i am teaching you to suck eggs here - but... check that the speakers are actually over your ears and not somewhere higher over your head.

the speaker needs to be right at your ear for the volume to be good enough.

I spend ages with new speakers etc on my HJC touring helmet and it was so quiet it was useless over 40mph - then I put my finger inside my helmet to realise that the speaker, which was sat in the speaker indents in the helmet - was actually nowhere near my ears!!

ive moved them down with some Velcro and are actually at my ears now - the difference is unbelievable and the I can actually use t as an intercom

+1 for checking your settings. Switch of auto volume and then switch of the device and on again. This increases the overall volume. Also make sure the source of your music (phone) has its volume on full after you have connected via bluetooth.

I have the standard Packtalk in an Arai Tour X4 and set up so that the speakers just touch my ears. I sometimes I have to turn it down and I wear hearing aids off the bike!

As said don't just stick the speakers in the recess of your helmet as your ears are not necessarily in the 'right' place. Experiment with moving them around. You will be pleased with the results.

Neil

I am trying to find a qr code or code no for the jobless speakers so I can unlock the traffic equaliser

thanks all, think you're right regarding the positioning of the speakers.
just moved them and they seem loads louder, but had to put them on some existing foam so they are now pressing on my ears.

Stationary they seem fine, 400+ miles into a ride it may not be ok and begin to hurt... time will tell

I have 3 lids aria toure x4 an e1 ans a gt air only lid I had difficulty fitting th 44 mm speakers
Was the aria and that was because of th way the cheak pads fit the lid slight mod and all is well

Back
Top Bottom