Advice please?

Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim- bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel!!!

:chickendance:guitarist:arselick::ymca:

And you came back to BMW to avoid this ?

To be fair, I got rid of the Harley because I started riding for a blood bike group and we don't always have the use of marked bikes, so needed something that I could go out late at night and not wake the whole street up. But the only issue I have had with my 2014 RT was the exhaust flap thingy that has been replace twice free of charge and out of warranty. Try getting a Harley dealer to do anything out of warranty, its hard enough when the bike is in warranty :)

Out of Warranty, there are plenty of decent independent HD techs around with a regular following - I use Steve Hazell at Maulden Motorcycle Repair, Marston Moretaine (MK43 0PW).

You don't get the fancy H-D shop-fit, nor all the dealer bollox - you do get down to earth advice, a brew & sensible prices, using OE parts where/when needed.

Go and test ride an Indian, any of the Dark Horse (Matt Black minimum Chrome) may suit your requirements if you don't like polishing. Check out the Chief, Springfield or Chieftain Dark Horse. I have had a Chief Dark Horse for three years for the first 18 months I ran it back to back with my Harley as a comparison. The Harley has now gone as it just could not compete with the Indian which, went, stopped and handled better than the HD and was much more comfortable to ride, to date it has also proven to have been faultless so far during my ownership. That said I have not tried one of the new HD Milwaukee 8s which are supposed to be an improvement, but worth trying an Indian as an alternative.

I do like the Indian bikes but the nearest dealer is quite a distance away.

Good idea though...

Decided to keep the Goldwing for touring as it is a great bike.

Considering a Street Bob or Fatbob for the daily commute.

Anyone have any preferences over either bike please ?

Or should I just stick with the Goldwing for both ?

Decided to keep the Goldwing for touring as it is a great bike.

Considering a Street Bob or Fatbob for the daily commute.

Anyone have any preferences over either bike please ?

Or should I just stick with the Goldwing for both ?

I have a 114 M8 FatBob and it's been a brilliant bike. I put 20K miles on it over the last 2 years and hasn't missed a beat (apart from chewing up a wheel bearing in the Black Forest). So I'd recommend one.

Street Bob is also nice and a bit cheaper, but only available with the 107 engine and only has a single disk on the front. Styling is more traditional HD that the FatBob.

Thanks for that.

Can you fit a rack or maybe a swing arm bag - for carrying a laptop?

Think I need a test ride...

I test rode a Fatbob when they first come out.

Really enjoyed it and as it’s now over two years old they will be some nice secondhand ones available. :thumb2

Attachments

• FF57B6BD-2044-4F69-BAE9-3040A30B9A77.jpg
    FF57B6BD-2044-4F69-BAE9-3040A30B9A77.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 307

Attachments

• IMG_3136.jpg
    IMG_3136.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 341
Expertly done there Sgt ..... :thumb2

:D

Thanks for that.

Can you fit a rack or maybe a swing arm bag - for carrying a laptop?

Think I need a test ride...

Yep. I've got a rack on mine. And a swing arm bag. I wouldn't put my laptop in the swingarm bag though.

And you can chuck a big bag on the back and fuck off to the Alps for two weeks as well....

Yep. I've got a rack on mine. And a swing arm bag. I wouldn't put my laptop in the swingarm bag though.

And you can chuck a big bag on the back and fuck off to the Alps for two weeks as well....

The bike looks a little different now, but these pics will show you what I mean.

rack_5210-XL.jpg

IMG_5208-XL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom