Speedo not working on TC

Betty Swollocks

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2010 bike, 1200 Twin Cam Adventure.

Non ABS, so no speed sensor on the front wheel. I see a sensor on the inside of the final drive beside the rear tyre. Is this the speed sensor for my bike?

If so is it worth trying anything else before shelling out on new parts.

Thanks in advance

2010 bike, 1200 Twin Cam Adventure.

Non ABS, so no speed sensor on the front wheel. I see a sensor on the inside of the final drive beside the rear tyre. Is this the speed sensor for my bike?

If so is it worth trying anything else before shelling out on new parts.

Thanks in advance

Yes it is. Rake it out and give it a good clean. If that doesn't work you'll need a new one.

You could also loosen battery cables, and re-tighten them, sometimes loose wires do strange things, and check battery is not on its way out.

Whilst you're taking the rear speed sensor out and cleaning it why not do a FD oil change? It will do the FD a favour and get rid of any crud that gets attracted to the speed sensor.

Took me a while to get round to looking into this. Removed the sensor. Final drive oil was ok and no swarf on the sensor.

But the sensor is damaged. Bit of a chunk taken out of it.

No idea how it's happened, but the final drive was previously rebuilt by mikeyboy. Whilst that was being done I borrowed a final drive for a European bike trip, so the sensor has been removed at least a couple of times previous.

Looks like I need a new one. Anyone have an idea of part number and price?
It would be nice if an aftermarket one was available, but I won't hold my breath.

Attachments

• IMG_2388.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 178
I'm still concerned about the gouge out of the original. No ideas what might have caused it?

Back
Top Bottom