New Goldwing

No I didn't go for the DCT - not even sure it's available on the bagger.

To be honest I didn't really gel with it on the test ride of the bigger version - but that may well be that I didn't give it long enough.

Could be a sleepless night tonight...

I read that it’s not. Nice bike though. Post up pics.

Well picked her up today.

Love the bike but the panniers are small.

Can't even fit the laptop in - ooops..

That’s a big fecker. Does it have a reverse gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes but not used it yet.

Need to go on a week's course to learn it all.

Slick af :thumb2

Rode the previous one and was well impressed, thought it would make a great tourer... but will stick with the 1150GS as I enjoy breaking the front indicators occasionally on the odd trail or two :D

Is there not a matching topbox for your lappie?

Think there is but a rack will do really.

First real ride today and am really impressed.

Still running in so in tour mode all day. The engine is a peach and the gear changes so smooth.

Just sits on the road and loads of torque in pretty much any gear.

I do miss the GSA but this thing is pretty amazing.

The electric screen is great too.

Never thought I'd buy a Goldwing but so glad that I have.

First real ride today and am really impressed.

Still running in so in tour mode all day. The engine is a peach and the gear changes so smooth.

Just sits on the road and loads of torque in pretty much any gear.

I do miss the GSA but this thing is pretty amazing.

The electric screen is great too.

Never thought I'd buy a Goldwing but so glad that I have.

Really comfy bike, you can munch the miles with that, the new handbrake fonction is well hidden and very clever.;)

Nice machine, enjoy! I have had the old 1500 and an 1800 and enjoyed them both. Recently followed one very about twenty minutes being ridden very quickly through the twisties over North Yorkshire way, and I was very impressed by the rider and the performance of the bike :thumb2

Handbrake is only on the DCT version.

Just looking for a rack now for a roll bag or something.

Take her to Spain at the end of May for two weeks - can't wait.

So had her first service today and really pleased with the bike except for the tiny panniers.

So bought a luggage rack and mounting kit from the US and asked the dealer to fit it whilst there.

The fucking mounting kit won't fit and there isn't one available for the new model - apparently.

So travelling light it seems.....

I really don't know but, to be honest and after just doing 2,500 miles round Spain and Portugal over the last couple of weeks, I have to say that I fucked up selling my GSA for this.

It rides really well and reverse can be useful, but it is one big lump on the twisties.

I like it but she isn't a keeper.

The engine is sweet and so is the gearbox but I just don't seem to gel with her......

I really don't know but, to be honest and after just doing 2,500 miles round Spain and Portugal over the last couple of weeks, I have to say that I fucked up selling my GSA for this.

It rides really well and reverse can be useful, but it is one big lump on the twisties.

The engine is sweet and so is the gearbox but I just don;t seem to gel with her......

That's not good.

Is it just a motorway mile mucher then? Ideal for USA?

What I love about my GSA is it can mix it up really well, straight roads, twisting roads, off-roads, commuting roads... does it all

The engine is sweet and so is the gearbox but I just don;t seem to gel with her......

Pity to hear that, but that is the reason my Harley had to go, more fun on a GS in the Black forest, and I can imagine lugging that around the twisties 2 up...........ouch, however USA it would be cool, our roads are not long or straight enough in Europe.

It is a great mile muncher and, whilst it can be ridden quite hard, it certainly isn't as versatile as the GSA.

I do like it but it's just not me.

Oops

:blast

Nah will stick with it till next year now.

Might grow into it now that I'm an old git !

Back
Top Bottom