There are so many cheap bikes in the states.........

Johno23

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m on loads of Facebook contacts for people selling mostly old Z’s but they also put up a host of other old classic bikes, prices there are so cheap compared to here.
Here’s one for Andres.......

Attachments

• F2905502-F70F-4D91-AB92-318A2CD61C4F.jpg
    F2905502-F70F-4D91-AB92-318A2CD61C4F.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 761
Oh yeah, I'm well aware of Bultaco prices in the States (and Australia) :(

Bultaco's were really popular in those two countries and there are plentiful bikes and spares (I've had to get some 2nd hand fork internals from Australia).

At one time I did consider shipping one over from America but decided in the end that I just liked the idea of a Spanish bike from Spain even though 2nd hand prices over there are really high (they are for all vehicles, even 2nd hand shitty old cars are twice what they are here).

Here's an advert that popped up on my feed this morning, collectable bikes these two and both fully race sorted....... makes you sick ;)

For sale 2 -1974 360’s 121’s. The #1 bike is right hand shift, has Billet triple clamps, modified foot pegs, noleen shocks, emulators and stiffer springs , renthals, electrix ignition, folding shift lever and 36mm mikuni. $2800 The #3 bike has Mobley’s left side shift conversion, modified foot pegs, ohlins shocks, emulators and stiffer springs, renthals, electrix ignition, folding shift lever and 36mm mikuni $2500

Andres

You should see the prices old jap 4's go for, it's bonkers
I'd love to spend a couple of months in America selectively filling a container
We can all dream...

We can all dream...

I know a bloke used to do just that. :)
Not just U.S. but Canada, Australia and Japan too. His 'Shop' was just down the road from me and i loved dropping in just after the container had unloaded. He had some of the weirdest and wonderful 'Bikes! Everything from :eek to :eek: to :drool !
I bought a 20 year old Kwak 550LTD off him that had spent 19 years in New York. Used it for a year and sold it / delivered it to a friend in Finland.
I rode it there for him as it made the importation process easier. Said to him that he should now ride it across Russia and back to Japan. :thumb
He doesn't do it anymore as the arse fell out of the market in about 2008. :( But the bigger issue was dealing with all the f*ckwit customers (e.g: me :p ) that buy Bikes like that.
Mrs Og still has the Suzuki Streetmagic we got off him. :)

We can all dream...

RAP Superbikes in London have been doing that for years, I bought a US import there in the early 80s and I think they’d been going a long time before that.

Back
Top Bottom