She runs!!

Johno23

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve had this for about 12 years.Never finished getting it back roadworthy due to my cold unwelcoming garage,and my lack of commitment to working in it! :D
With my new shed/ workshop it’s now a pleasure to work in so have managed to finally get it running.First run out today, just a few miles around the block to check things out.All went pretty well, couple of adjustments to make, new primary gasket needed:blast,but otherwise,pretty good:bounce1

Attachments

• 8B3D493C-D675-4E95-BB6C-E7AE6E61B933.jpg
    8B3D493C-D675-4E95-BB6C-E7AE6E61B933.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 610
  • C6A1637A-B1EF-4985-8701-4B2867ABD7B4.jpg
    C6A1637A-B1EF-4985-8701-4B2867ABD7B4.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 631
Thats nice, as an ex owner of a British bike I would say electrics electrics... go through every wire especially around the headstock where cables stretch and bullet connecters fail. Get inside the nacelle where all the electrics live, check em all. Check all the earths then that it enjoy it will do thousands of pulsing miles

Steve

Thats nice, as an ex owner of a British bike I would say electrics electrics... go through every wire especially around the headstock where cables stretch and bullet connecters fail. Check all the earths then that it enjoy it will do thousands of pulsing miles

Steve

I have put a new loom on it,so should have no major problems,although, the brake lights don’t work:blast

Well done!

Nice looking bike....bet you enjoyed that ride!

Nice bike - now you need some warm spring weather to enjoy riding around 'here & there'.

Given that the bike has been under resto for a while, crankcase pressure can create a few leaks until everthing beds in - you may be better to hold fire unless the primary side leak is gross.The breather system is hopelessly inadequate for a 360 twin, as I'm sure you have seen & I don't think the OiF set up helped. It may be worth checking through the system to make sure it is clear - you may have seen this before on T.Talk.......... https://www.triumphtalk.com/threads/crankcase-breather-question.12894/

I used to own one,T140D,US special, 1979 on a V plate,was a lovey bike.
Enjoy it .
Regards
Lodgey. (It's not ANL 666V is it?)

Always wanted a T140D back i8n the day but by the time I had the money non of the dealers had any stock :blast

Settled for a T140E … three of them between 79 and 82 :D

Just finished working on one of those for a customer, lovely bike but the low gearing drives me mad.

:D haha I built the shed behind the garage so I could just roll a bike from the garage into the shed.I haven’t got around to removing that window and fitting some sort of door.(I’m looking at sliding or roller door).So it is a bit Heath Robinson at the moment :blast The window actually rotates over 90 degrees to allow me to move a bike in and out:blast

Nice bike - now you need some warm spring weather to enjoy riding around 'here & there'.

Given that the bike has been under resto for a while, crankcase pressure can create a few leaks until everthing beds in - you may be better to hold fire unless the primary side leak is gross.The breather system is hopelessly inadequate for a 360 twin, as I'm sure you have seen & I don't think the OiF set up helped. It may be worth checking through the system to make sure it is clear - you may have seen this before on T.Talk.......... https://www.triumphtalk.com/threads/crankcase-breather-question.12894/

Thanks,will look into it.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom