Fully floating Brembo brake disc

Looks great Mike :thumb

:beerjug:

Thanks Mick and more importanly it actually stops the bike which the original disc didn't. I think it was dished and it wailed like a banshee. The noise reminded me of the howl from the old Honda CB72 TLS drum that I had laced into my MZ Supa 5 rim, although that was caused by the Ferodo AM4 linings. They were ferocious and the wee MZ was way over-braked.

Thanks Mick and more importanly it actually stops the bike which the original disc didn't. I think it was dished and it wailed like a banshee. The noise reminded me of the howl from the old Honda CB72 TLS drum that I had laced into my MZ Supa 5 rim, although that was caused by the Ferodo AM4 linings. They were ferocious and the wee MZ was way over-braked.

There should be tiny paper gaskets 'tween the disc and the carrier mounting bolts to prevent that vibration/whistling/whining. Are they required on the replacement?

Genuine Brembo?

Mmmmmm might have to get one of those ... if only for the pose factor, being as I never use my brakes (they slow me down)

:D:D

No matter ... I've ordered one, just for the pose factor mind :D

There should be tiny paper gaskets 'tween the disc and the carrier mounting bolts to prevent that vibration/whistling/whining. Are they required on the replacement?

Genuine Brembo?

Mmmmmm might have to get one of those ... if only for the pose factor, being as I never use my brakes (they slow me down)

:D:D

I know, I know...we've had this conversation before about how you ultimately go faster by braking harder and later. :augie

I didn't know there were supposed to be paper gaskets twixt disc and hub. I didn't see any when we took my disc off.

Yes these are genuine Brembo Serie Oro floating discs. They didn't come with paper gaskets and I suspect they're not needed because the bobbins twixt disc and carrier damp out any resonances.

No matter ... I've ordered one, just for the pose factor mind :D

If you'd just been doing it for the pose factor, you'd surely have ordered a wavy disc. :nenau

Your disc has probably been off before ... yes there are small 'paper' washers to separate the metal work of the disc/carrier. Usually get destroyed when the disc is taken off for whatever reason. If you were to order a new genuine OEM disc it wouldn't come with the washers, they have too be ordered separately.

Wavy disc? Nah ... not for me :D

My disc arrived today ... great service.

Fitted but not tried it out yet .... looks great though :D

Lovely bit of metalwork ...

i-xZq9Jcf-L.jpg

The anti squeal shims came off in one piece (they often break up on dismantling, they're only paper/card)

i-8LFQqxG-L.jpg

Looks the biz ... even though I will never use it to its full potential :D

i-D2vmMmg-L.jpg

I never use my brakes .. the pads are the originals albeit I've fitted new OEM pads with the new disc :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom