Can anyone recommend a decent pair of waterproof summer gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This from the May 2019 edition, in the shops last month.

3240553adb1b0fd694a960f641d52fec.jpg

eedadd7f604750a451ccd2cacf76751c.jpg

d56f3f1124e3160b55d011b908630250.jpg

7ba5855f039ce45cf95761878a60da46.jpg

cb980a7f5de5511951d28ecc730862b4.jpg

72b52372b0d781f8e0ec5a01c7c2043d.jpg

3407d0509d5c54770965f57e9ccae11c.jpg

Backs up my recommendation for the Richa Hurricane. They just do the job without you noticing.

One problem with gloves (much like helmets) is that one one person finds incredibly comfort and a great fit will be hopeless on someone with different shape hands. Personal recommendations or magazine comparisons on fit and comfort are not really worth too much unless you know your hands are the same as the tester.

(Additionally, those from Norfolk, Sheppey and Somerset will need a whole new set of references for the webbing and additional thumb.)

Obviously things like price and waterproofing can be compared effectively.

A lot of bods recommend the BMW gloves, as they match their awesome. Next it’ll be Triumph’s offerings or maybe something in the orange range.

Orange is so last year....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

McDonalds colours will be the new meme as retro adventure bikes from Italy kick out the Triumph Thailand copies of old Brit bikes. Waxed jackets & waxed moustaches will be replaced by Aerostich clown suits and stick on red wigs for helmets.

One problem with gloves (much like helmets) is that one one person finds incredibly comfort and a great fit will be hopeless on someone with different shape hands. Personal recommendations or magazine comparisons on fit and comfort are not really worth too much unless you know your hands are the same as the tester.

(Additionally, those from Norfolk, Sheppey and Somerset will need a whole new set of references for the webbing and additional thumb.)

Obviously things like price and waterproofing can be compared effectively.

One man’s meat is indeed another man’s cat.

I'm going to leave this thread open for entertainment value.....!

OH has copious wind following my attempt at a 5 bean curry tonight so I started killing time waiting for her to fall asleep by visiting ukgser. Half asleep myself and having just read all about colonoscopy in the well-being section (only God knows why) I then drifted on to a request for 'advice on summergloves' where the last paragraph in the best glove review made for confusing reading …” There was a slight feeling of cold during the clenching phase but this passed once the movement had stopped….” Only on ukgser!

I have been using Held Score gloves, excellent and totally waterproof. About £115

Wow!! Can't believe this is still going on...

Great to see how many people responding to my thread without actually reading through it. Some good recommendations for others on here though..

Wow!! Can't believe this is still going on...

Great to see how many people responding to my thread without actually reading through it. Some good recommendations for others on here though..

‘Tis always the same-people are so keen to add their valued input that they can’t be arsed to read that you have bought a pair.
I still love the reply in response to your request for waterproof gloves which states how great his recommendation is but they’re not waterproof......UKGSER at its best.

ok - i know the OP has (long ago) bought a pair of gloves...

however...

I tried a pair of GS dry gloves earlier today in my local BMW dealer - i really liked the fit, and it is rare i find a glove that i really like the fit of.

so i came here looking for an reviews - but my main worry, and its been mentioned in this thread, is that they felt a little "thick" for summer use - a bit too wintery, i felt.

are they "wintery" gloves? or are they usable for UK and Euro tours in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom