Can anyone recommend a decent pair of waterproof summer gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a decent pair of waterproof summer gloves that don't cost the earth?

Any recommendations..

:thumb

Alpinestars Crosser Drystar

Short cuff
Laminated membrane
Very sturdy and well put together for the price.

Look them up.

Sent from a U11

I love the GS Rallye gloves. Don’t go for a Chinese copy off fleabay, I did and they look the same but definitely of inferior construction and I binned them.
The GS Rallye gloves are light, tough and well ventilated. With the heated grips I use them for 3 seasons. Their only draw back they’re not waterproof, but another waterproof pair of something or a pair of marigolds in the backpack/toolbox would help.
I’m so happy I’m buying my 3rd pair (£80).

There is also the GS Dry glove at £110, which might be perfect so I’m off to my dealer to try them today!

Have a look at the Alpinestars Drystar range - I have a pair of their fabric gloves which are excellent. Prices from £30 if you catch an end of line sale to £135 with carbon fibre inserts.

Some examples:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alpinest...hash=item58f2c2687f:m:mwCVBzIG1_hhGwwGtrN3VVA
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALPINEST...f686:m:mb0f7996-EndnhZag-2FPdg&frcectupt=true

Mine are similar to the first pair linked to and they are my go to glove for wet weather in summer or cool spring mornings like today. They have lasted a very long time.

I bought a pair of Richa Hurricane Goretex glives last year. No leaks and comfortable. But do get a little sweaty on very hot days. They don’t have a bulky cuff, so great for under jacket sleeves.

I love the GS Rallye gloves. Don’t go for a Chinese copy off fleabay, I did and they look the same but definitely of inferior construction and I binned them.
The GS Rallye gloves are light, tough and well ventilated. With the heated grips I use them for 3 seasons. Their only draw back they’re not waterproof, but another waterproof pair of something or a pair of marigolds in the backpack/toolbox would help.
I’m so happy I’m buying my 3rd pair (£80).

There is also the GS Dry glove at £110, which might be perfect so I’m off to my dealer to try them today!

I use them in summer. Almost indestructible. I don’t mind my hands getting wet in summer. JJH

I have a pair of BMW Summer Rain Goretex gloves that live in my top box. On the occasions I have needed them they've always been completely waterproof. They also have a very effective squeegee on the left forefinger. They are not at all lined/warm so I also keep a pair of inner gloves in case it gets unexpectedly chilly (as it frequently does when it rains).

If it's summer does it matter if your likkle pinkies get wet? For heavens sake, skin is waterproof, it's our very own Gore-Tex layer :D

:beerjug:

The reason I prefer summer gloves is down to feel. I wear summer short cuff gloves as far into winter as possible......wet hands in December, not so nice..........so the combination of light short cuff gloves with a membrane can normally get me all the way through the winter.

Sent from a U11

Thanks for all the recommendations chaps, tried on both e GS dry gloves and the BMW summer pro gloves today. Didn't like the GS dry gloves as they felt a little too like winter gloves so opted for the summer pro's.. As for the recommendations for the Rallye gloves i used to use them until i tried the Klim Dakar Pro's which are my everyday use gloves. For me they are a better fit than the Rallye gloves and my first pair lasted a lot longer than the Rallye gloves i used to own..

RiDE magazine regularly does reviews of gloves.

This from the May 2019 edition, in the shops last month.

3240553adb1b0fd694a960f641d52fec.jpg

eedadd7f604750a451ccd2cacf76751c.jpg

d56f3f1124e3160b55d011b908630250.jpg

7ba5855f039ce45cf95761878a60da46.jpg

cb980a7f5de5511951d28ecc730862b4.jpg

72b52372b0d781f8e0ec5a01c7c2043d.jpg

3407d0509d5c54770965f57e9ccae11c.jpg

Get a set of GS Dry Gloves ... about £110 and they are VERY good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom