New Shoei GT-Air 2

Picked up my GT-Air II today in the black & yellow (affair tc-3)graphic.....

I'm like a child at Xmas waiting to play with his new toys!!

Sent from a U11

Let us know what you think, as I take back what I said earlier. The wind noise is terrible, compared to my original GT Air. Even my Hornet ADV is quieter.:blast

Let us know what you think, as I take back what I said earlier. The wind noise is terrible, compared to my original GT Air. Even my Hornet ADV is quieter.:blast
Ahh Jaysus lads.........literally only parted with the spondooligs this evening!!!

Sent from a U11

Ahh Jaysus lads.........literally only parted with the spondooligs this evening!!!

Sent from a U11

Sorry! I thought it may be my screen, but after adjusting it every which way, this helmet is still very loud. I had the same setup on my last bike, and the wind noise was nowhere near this bad.

I'll put up with it.........on account of how cool it is!!!
11184015fb7f07158fb43bb9c4c9eec2.jpg
f3749e3b088448ce4a1a105138a969a0.jpg
d67cc035940a285080e151995f814aa0.jpg

Sent from a U11

Looks good in those colours. When are you going to try it out?

I spoke to Infinity this morning, and they’re going to send it away for testing. As I was wearing it when I rode a 790 and a 1290gt last weekend, and the wind noise was still terrible, they think it may be a duff one.

On another note, I had an email from Motolegends today about their open day next weekend, where Schuberth will be letting people take any of their helmets for a demo to see how they fit/ feel when used on your own bike. It’s about time everyone did this as a matter of course, as I’ve lost count of how many helmets I’ve bought, then sold shortly after, as they weren’t quite right.

I spoke to Infinity this morning, and they’re going to send it away for testing. As I was wearing it when I rode a 790 and a 1290gt last weekend, and the wind noise was still terrible, they think it may be a duff one.

On another note, I had an email from Motolegends today about their open day next weekend, where Schuberth will be letting people take any of their helmets for a demo to see how they fit/ feel when used on your own bike. It’s about time everyone did this as a matter of course, as I’ve lost count of how many helmets I’ve bought, then sold shortly after, as I’m a fussy gay fickle cuñt

Fixed for accuracy.

Maiden spin today with the new Shoei.
Fit is as expected.....I have used a Large Neotec for about 4 years now and the Large GT-Air II is perfect. The build quality, lining and paint finish are up to Shoei's usual standard. I'm a big lad with more than 1 chin () and the strap barely closes for me, I can only comfortably get the ratchet in one notch.

It is not a quite helmet (for wind noise) but maybe this weekend is not the right time to make that conclusion because of Storm Hannah.
The drop down visor is noticeably improved.

I love it.
19ab5fa08d465c543ed6a69725275e8c.jpg
c8503b68d9c5a8f45dcac46070b21f32.jpg

Sent from a U11

Ref the sun visor.

Does it hold in any position like the old GT Air? I sometimes like to use the sun visor as a sunshade just above my eye line.
I tried a couple of Agv helmets with the sun visors, and they had to be either fully up, or fully down.

Thanks.

Got my helmet back the other day, they reckoned that the visor wasn’t fitted properly (the guys at Infinity fitted the Pinlock when I collected it). So I tested it yesterday, and it’s quieter, but still not as quiet as I remember my original GT Air was.

Getting the feckin visor off and back on the other day nearly caused a nervous breakdown. I know it's the same visor as the Neotec and Gt-Air.........but it's much harder to change visors.

Getting the feckin visor off and back on the other day nearly caused a nervous breakdown. I know it's the same visor as the Neotec and Gt-Air.........but it's much harder to change visors.

I’ve got a GT-Air - great lid but the visor is 100% a nightmare to get off and harder to get on. Feels like it needs forcing and that it’s going to break every time. I’ve resorted to cleaning it in situ.

I’ve looked at the mechanism and it seems the release pulls don’t move far enough to allow the tabs on the visor to disconnect. If it’s not just me with an issue perhaps I should contact Shoei......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a GT-Air - great lid but the visor is 100% a nightmare to get off and harder to get on. Feels like it needs forcing and that it’s going to break every time. I’ve resorted to cleaning it in situ.

I’ve looked at the mechanism and it seems the release pulls don’t move far enough to allow the tabs on the visor to disconnect. If it’s not just me with an issue perhaps I should contact Shoei......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's exactly it........it feels like you are breaking it.

How are you finding the wind noise now?

Back
Top Bottom