New Shoei GT-Air 2

How are you finding the wind noise now?
It's fine behind the screen of my GSA but I wouldn't fancy using it on a naked or sportsbike.

Seems to be much better at staying fog free than my RPHA 11 was (using the same spec pinlocks)

Sent from a U11

Infinity are taking mine back, and I’m getting a GT Air. The 2 is not as good as the original.

Maiden spin today with the new Shoei.
Fit is as expected.....I have used a Large Neotec for about 4 years now and the Large GT-Air II is perfect. The build quality, lining and paint finish are up to Shoei's usual standard. I'm a big lad with more than 1 chin () and the strap barely closes for me, I can only comfortably get the ratchet in one notch.

It is not a quite helmet (for wind noise) but maybe this weekend is not the right time to make that conclusion because of Storm Hannah.
The drop down visor is noticeably improved.

I love it.
19ab5fa08d465c543ed6a69725275e8c.jpg
c8503b68d9c5a8f45dcac46070b21f32.jpg

Sent from a U11

Have you adjusted the chin strap on the helmet? They looks like they're on the "maximum setting" but you need to adjust the underneath strap to bring the metal clasp further towards the clip side of the helmet, there's a good few inches of adjustment on them.

Have you adjusted the chin strap on the helmet? They looks like they're on the "maximum setting" but you need to adjust the underneath strap to bring the metal clasp further towards the clip side of the helmet, there's a good few inches of adjustment on them.
Well thank you very much.......if that's the case it will solve my problem.

Very helpful as usual

Sent from a U11

I did think it was a little odd......there wasn't very much lenght on the clasp side which made getting a good grip on that side of the strap to pull the helmet on a bit tricky.

Sent from a U11

Yip there’s plenty left in the adjustment I had same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the Shoei gt air ii on yesterday. I've always worn Arai's as I was told I had an Arai shaped head. Turns out I must have a Shoei shaped head as it fitted perfectly! a very comfy lid. I tried on the Arai Chaser X & rx-7v which both didn't feel anywhere as comfy and I could feel pressure points on my head straight away wearing both for a few minutes. I didn't buy the GT air ii as I only WANT a new helmet and don't NEED one but it'll probably be the next helmet I buy.

I tried the Shoei gt air ii on yesterday. I've always worn Arai's as I was told I had an Arai shaped head. Turns out I must have a Shoei shaped head as it fitted perfectly! a very comfy lid. I tried on the Arai Chaser X & rx-7v which both didn't feel anywhere as comfy and I could feel pressure points on my head straight away wearing both for a few minutes. I didn't buy the GT air ii as I only WANT a new helmet and don't NEED one but it'll probably be the next helmet I buy.

See if you can get hold of an original GT Air, as they're even comfier. And quieter. And much cheaper.

I've just ordered the last Medium Wanderer 2 TC5 off eBay, but if you want a plain one, there are some at around £300 available. :thumb

Used my GT Air 2 at normal speeds today for the first time and it’s very quiet. And that’s on my 790R with the screen on low.
Not sure why some like Nutty found it loud ?
It’s certainly quieter than my Neotec 2.

What's the craic with the Sena comms, is it a good kit??

My mates all use Cardo units and the Sena for this helmet is almost twice the price.

What gives?

What's the craic with the Sena comms, is it a good kit??

My mates all use Cardo units and the Sena for this helmet is almost twice the price.

What gives?

Dunno. I guess it’s a premium price because of the integration. But it’s brilliant! You’d never know it’s got a mic and speakers built in as it’s so neat .
Great sound quality and goes loud too .
Total call clarity at 80mph.
A mate called and didn’t even realise I was on my bike .

133cd99282e3534c8724d21525e66765.jpg

8c3dbc1b47bc12f0c2731b5b70bc0645.jpg

995906d99b45c9b451700c0e468d7bef.jpg

9b615b236a29ed4fc8d0270a92c69eca.jpg

Perfect.....that's what I was hoping to hear.
Thanks for the detailed reply

Sent from a U11

I'll be flogging my less than 500 mile GTA2 soon and the Sena Comms separately.

I've gone back to my old lid (HJC RPHA11) with S20 Evo bolted on the side. It's sooooo much quieter.

I've gone back to my old lid (HJC RPHA11) with S20 Evo bolted on the side. It's sooooo much quieter.
I wish HJC done a version of the 11 with a ratchet fastener (which I know won't make sense to a lot of people)

It's a fantastic helmet..... I'm considering trying to buy mine back of the friend that I sold it to...........I miss it!!!!

If you could PM me what you where hoping to get for the Sena comms.

Sent from a U11

My new Shoei GT air ii arrived by courier yesterday morning. I fitted the Sena SRL2 comms unit into it which was fairly easy. Had my first ride with it this morning to the Mach Loop in Wales where the jets practice low level flying. Just over 2 1/2 hrs to get there so a good test for the helmet. I've worn an Arai Quantum Pro with an Autocom air comms unit fitted for the past few years. It is fitted with Arai's Pro-Shade system which work well.

The Shoei proved to be lighter, quieter, more comfy with less bufferting. Today was bright and sunny so the drop down internal dark visor was excellent. I struggled to keep finding the operating arm on the side of the helmet but that's due to it being new to me. The ventilation works. I pushed the top vent open on the way to Wales this morning and I could feel the cold air hitting the top of my head. I think if anyone with a full head of hair tries this lid the feeling of cold air won't be so apparent but as my hair left me many years ago, I felt the cold that much I had to shut the vent again. Both the chin vent & top vent are easy to find and operate with your gloved hand. The Sena SRL2 worked. It took a while to get it bluetoothed to my Nav Vi but once connected it was loud & clear even at high speeds. This is the first helmet I've had with the 'seat belt' strap. Nice and easy to find & it clicks together with no issues. The chin curtain took a bit of getting used to as my chin was touching it which felt a little strange to start with but I'm sure I'll get used to it. On the ride home I started to feel a bit of discomfort in my right temple area. By the time I arrived home it was quite painful so I'll need to see if I can adjust some of the foam lining to prevent this.

The helmet has an rrp of £445 & the Sena £259, a total of £704. I paid £330 for the helmet at the trade stalls at the recent MCN show and got the Sena SRL2 2nd hand but still unused off E-Bay for £190 so I made a saving of £184 off rrp. Still a lot of money but I'm pleased with the Shoei/Sena set up and hopefully it will last me a good few years. I hope these few words will be of interest to anyone who is thinking of buying the latest Shoei GT air ii.

My new Shoei GT air ii arrived by courier yesterday morning. I fitted the Sena SRL2 comms unit into it which was fairly easy. Had my first ride with it this morning to the Mach Loop in Wales where the jets practice low level flying. Just over 2 1/2 hrs to get there so a good test for the helmet. I've worn an Arai Quantum Pro with an Autocom air comms unit fitted for the past few years. It is fitted with Arai's Pro-Shade system which work well.

The Shoei proved to be lighter, quieter, more comfy with less bufferting. Today was bright and sunny so the drop down internal dark visor was excellent. I struggled to keep finding the operating arm on the side of the helmet but that's due to it being new to me. The ventilation works. I pushed the top vent open on the way to Wales this morning and I could feel the cold air hitting the top of my head. I think if anyone with a full head of hair tries this lid the feeling of cold air won't be so apparent but as my hair left me many years ago, I felt the cold that much I had to shut the vent again. Both the chin vent & top vent are easy to find and operate with your gloved hand. The Sena SRL2 worked. It took a while to get it bluetoothed to my Nav Vi but once connected it was loud & clear even at high speeds. This is the first helmet I've had with the 'seat belt' strap. Nice and easy to find & it clicks together with no issues. The chin curtain took a bit of getting used to as my chin was touching it which felt a little strange to start with but I'm sure I'll get used to it. On the ride home I started to feel a bit of discomfort in my right temple area. By the time I arrived home it was quite painful so I'll need to see if I can adjust some of the foam lining to prevent this.

The helmet has an rrp of £445 & the Sena £259, a total of £704. I paid £330 for the helmet at the trade stalls at the recent MCN show and got the Sena SRL2 2nd hand but still unused off E-Bay for £190 so I made a saving of £184 off rrp. Still a lot of money but I'm pleased with the Shoei/Sena set up and hopefully it will last me a good few years. I hope these few words will be of interest to anyone who is thinking of buying the latest Shoei GT air ii.

I've only ever had two helmets where opening the vents made any noticeable difference - a BMW System (made by Schuberth i think) and my current Schuberth.

what size and colour Bonzo?

I went out with my new GT Air yesterday, and the difference in wind noise was significantly less than the GTA2.

The only thing I’d like from the 2 is the larger sun shade, so I'm waiting to hear back if I can fit the shade from the new version into the original.

Great writing from Ryan here again, very entertaining...

The gt air 2 is called out for what it really is, a marketing scam to charge more money.

I tried one recently and the original is best on my opinion.

https://youtu.be/LcbWohifbl8

Back
Top Bottom