New Shoei GT-Air 2

younger06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new GT-Air 2 yet ?? Looks like a fantastic helmet and the integrated comms would be a bonus. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has actually bought one.
0642179c5ee8ff880e82d48566f45d62.jpg
819b10727a5d72fb22ae54e445d80c47.jpg

Has anyone tried the new GT-Air 2 yet ?? Looks like a fantastic helmet and the integrated comms would be a bonus. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has actually bought one.
0642179c5ee8ff880e82d48566f45d62.jpg
819b10727a5d72fb22ae54e445d80c47.jpg

Tried one on yesterday . Very nice but can’t see any benefit over my Neotec 2, though it’s obviously going to be stronger in an impact..

Tried one on yesterday . Very nice but can’t see any benefit over my Neotec 2, though it’s obviously going to be stronger in an impact..
Can you compare the fit to the original GT-Air??
Some of the online reviews have mentioned that the fit has changed.

Sent from a U11

I have worn both all be it for a very limited period, All I can say is that it is the closest fitting and quietest helmet I have ever worn, couldnt even here the lad stood next me talking, Lining is very plush and comfy.

They are both spot on comfort wise and equally silent, the Air 2 has a lower flip down visor which was an issue on the original as it was too short, it also has slightly different external shaping but inside its identical fit and comfort.

The only reason I didnt go with either the original or the new one is the safety rating which was lower than expected on the right side i seem to recall. I chose another brand with a higher rating which isnt anywhere near as qiuet but a better safety rating.

I have worn both all be it for a very limited period, All I can say is that it is the closest fitting and quietest helmet I have ever worn, couldnt even here the lad stood next me talking, Lining is very plush and comfy.

They are both spot on comfort wise and equally silent, the Air 2 has a lower flip down visor which was an issue on the original as it was too short, it also has slightly different external shaping but inside its identical fit and comfort.

The only reason I didnt go with either the original or the new one is the safety rating which was lower than expected on the right side i seem to recall. I chose another brand with a higher rating which isnt anywhere near as qiuet but a better safety rating.

Thanks for that.

Tried one on today........usual Shoei fit.
Just have to find spondooligs now!!

I have both Shoei GT Air with intergrated Sena 10U and the Neotec II, with Sena SRL. Love both the GT Air, and the Neotec II, with its flip up convenience, and the sun shield in both are great. Seriously considered the new GT Air II, with the new SRL II, but in the end decided on the Neotec II.

If anyone wants one we've got them all in stock. Every colour and size! Either pop over to the store (address below) or visit the website. www.motocentral.co.uk

Moto Central
Asfare Business Park
Hinckley Road
Leicestershire
LE10 3JG

Don't forget to use your UKGSER discount code online and mention it in store for 10% off.

If anyone wants one we've got them all in stock. Every colour and size! Either pop over to the store (address below) or visit the website. www.motocentral.co.uk

Moto Central
Asfare Business Park
Hinckley Road
Leicestershire
LE10 3JG

Don't forget to use your UKGSER discount code online and mention it in store for 10% off.

UKGSER discount code doesn’t work on your website, when you apply discount code!

Remind me -does the SRL kit come with an alternative to the boom mike ?
I have Neotec2s but assume the full face has a different mic ?

Remind me -does the SRL kit come with an alternative to the boom mike ?
I have Neotec2s but assume the full face has a different mic ?

Yeah SRL comes with 2 mics in the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very impressed so far . It’s a fair bit quieter than my Neotec 2 . Vents work well . Should get SRL kit for it on Tuesday

Very impressed so far . It’s a fair bit quieter than my Neotec 2 . Vents work well . Should get SRL kit for it on Tuesday

I’m tempted to get that for mine, but it would mean two mates having to do the same for an upcoming trip, so I wouldn’t be very popular if I did!

Hopefully picking mine up on Wednesday or Thursday. Looking forward to it.

Sent from a U11

Blimey, really? I find this possibly the noisiest lid I've ever had. So much so that the Sena SRL2 linked to my Navigator 6 Music app is rendered redundant as I simply cant hear it over the wind. The fit is spot on. A real squeeze to get my head in, but once in, I'm snug and comfortable. Feels like it's been custom moulded to my head. Its hard to believe anything so close fitting could direct so much wind directly into my ear canals. Anything over 35mph soon becomes unbearable. I had to cut yesterdays ride in half to come back home & swap back to my old lid (RPHA11). My ears stopped ringing around dinner time today.

Blimey, really? I find this possibly the noisiest lid I've ever had. So much so that the Sena SRL2 linked to my Navigator 6 Music app is rendered redundant as I simply cant hear it over the wind. The fit is spot on. A real squeeze to get my head in, but once in, I'm snug and comfortable. Feels like it's been custom moulded to my head. Its hard to believe anything so close fitting could direct so much wind directly into my ear canals. Anything over 35mph soon becomes unbearable. I had to cut yesterdays ride in half to come back home & swap back to my old lid (RPHA11). My ears stopped ringing around dinner time today.
Oh no...... I just sold my RPHA 11 at the weekend to part fund the new Shoei!!!

Sent from a U11

Close the vents you daft bugger!

Back
Top Bottom