busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It all depends on who or what you want to do, and who or what takes control

Let's start with the basics

Phone - Bluetooth AD2P

Headset Bluetooth AD2P

Nav Bluetooth AD2P

In an ideal world, everthing should speak to everything and it shoul be seamless

However in the real world, as you have found out, it's not all as it seems

If all was as it should be, the Nav would connect to your phone and headset, and assist the routing of calls / messages and send Nav info to

your headset

The headset should recieve inputs from the phone and Nav , route them seamlessly and all is tickety boo

Due to limitations with the hardware side of bluetooth on all 3 devices - they dont work

But bluetooth is a ""Standard" you say, everything should just work ...

In principle yes, but like any standard, oem's and manufacturer's can chose "what" of the standard they implement.

your phone will be BT 4.xx the headset BT 3.xx and the Nav BT 3.xx

The nav hasn't got the firmware or hardware to handle external streaming in BT 3.xx

Your phone can and will happily talk to the headset, but becasue the head set has to link to the nav,

it has to take the standard of the lowest denominator in this case the Nav.

you can get audio from the Nav, but it has to be loaded onto the nav, and will cut out when the nav sends GPS instructions to the HS

so you can listen to the Nav and phone - but you cant stream from the phone

Thee only way i understand it will work, is to have all items BT 4.x or later.

That way they will talk

Looks like i'm going to have to change my Nav & headset to get what i want

isnt technology wonderful

Thanks Santa, I take it from that description of Bluetooth you are having problems ?

you should be able to link your helmet to the Nav 5 and phone quite easy an SR10 is not needed for that. The SR is more to blue tooth and link a PMR with Push to Talk to a headset.

The links you show are for the SM10 which does a complete different job form from the SR10 , they look similar but thats where it ends. The SM10 is more for just transmitting music in stereo between rider and pillion

Having said that .....I am just about to place an SR10 in the for sale section . its mint counted and more or less brand new original box and leads etc.

I use an SR10 daily for work, for the last two years or so, with a Sena 10C and Kenwood PMR radios. Both SR10 and 10C are perfectly fit for purpose and reliable.

The SR10's purpose is to allow a bluetooth comms unit to transmit to a PMR radio - is this what you need?

Hi thanks, I just want to listen to Nav and music on the go. I think I've misunderstood what the Sena does.

I'm not interested in comms between bikes or passenger just myself.

No problems as such - just a tad ticked offthat icant listen to Nav instructions and music from my phone from seperate sources

I had a Zumo 550 which only had mono BT & all music had to be put into the zumo for single source streaming.

Worked well but i like stereo ;) I did manage to get music and nav but it was very flakey and connection order depandant.

Stop for fuel and you had to go through the same process every time :(

I have a Nav IV now and the BT is now stereo, again you have to put media on the nav unit - but its a lot better than the earlier zumo

downside is no playlists, and everytime the nav speaks you get no media for 3 seconds at a time.

Im looking to change to a new headset & later nav unit, as apparantly it now supports media streaming from your phone

BT v4.x is also the one to look for as this allows multiple audio streaming / connections if ive read the blurb correctly

Anyone used a Sena SR10 ?

I would like to get bluetooth from Nav 5 and possibly Samsung phone to helmet/earphones. Not interested in two way radios transmitter. This setup looks about right but seems very cheap for Sena, like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sena-sm1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SENA-SM1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Your Nav 5 is a bluetooth device.

Your Samsung phone is a bluetooth device.

All you need is a bluetooth headset for your helmet.

Your Nav 5 is a bluetooth device.

Your Samsung phone is a bluetooth device.

All you need is a bluetooth headset for your helmet.

Which takes the OP back to square one ;)

The Nav V is limited with it BT protocol

You can send either Nav instructions or media to a BT headset -either as a single com channel, or combined with limitations

Ie if you send Media & Nav together, the media has to be preloaded onto the Nav v, and is played as is, no playlists etc.

If you send media & nav to your headset, the Nav takes priority and stops the media, to make the annuncement, and then resumes after suitable pause.

You can ony change the volume level on the Nav

If you try to run Nav & media seperatley, ie Media & phone from phone & Nav from Nav, generally the phone will take priority, and you recieve no Nav instructions

By using later BT4.x tech on Nav & phone , you can have two BT channels open, stream from your phone to headset (spotty) and have nav instructions on the other channel

Back
Top Bottom