Shoei J Cruise...Glasses wearers.

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I currently have a Shoei Neotec 11, which is a great helmet, but I still have one problem with it. I always leave the visor slightly cracked to prevent my glasses steaming up. Unfortunately when it rains the rain will run inside the visor, if I click it shut my breath steams my glasses up. I tried all sorts to rectify this but without success.

So my question is, are there any glasses wearers out there with a Shoei J Cruise ? If so do you still get this problem?

I should add that it's only a problem for around 10mins after I put the helmet on. Once head and helmet are the same temperature it's not a problem. But it's a bit of a pain if you're going out and it's already raining, or if you've just needed to stop.

I currently have a Shoei Neotec 11, which is a great helmet, but I still have one problem with it. I always leave the visor slightly cracked to prevent my glasses steaming up. Unfortunately when it rains the rain will run inside the visor, if I click it shut my breath steams my glasses up. I tried all sorts to rectify this but without success.

So my question is, are there any glasses wearers out there with a Shoei J Cruise ? If so do you still get this problem?

I should add that it's only a problem for around 10mins after I put the helmet on. Once head and helmet are the same temperature it's not a problem. But it's a bit of a pain if you're going out and it's already raining, or if you've just needed to stop.

Ive got the Neotec 2,I bought it on the selling point that it was the quietest modular helmet on the market,(alledegly) It isnt,,,Unfortunatley with them being that airtight to reduce noise with the neck cushion and the like it obiously increases the chance of glasses steaming up, I ride an 2016 RT with wide screen and when ive got it up (Oooh Matron) at lights or stops with the visor down its a mare Anti fog on the glasses dosnt work and the venting systems shite on them ,,, mines been back to Shoei for adjusting but its not changed,,,The worse part of buying a new lid is that you cant try it on and go for a ride to find out if it fits the bill

Ive got the Neotec 2,I bought it on the selling point that it was the quietest modular helmet on the market,(alledegly) It isnt,,,Unfortunatley with them being that airtight to reduce noise with the neck cushion and the like it obiously increases the chance of glasses steaming up, I ride an 2016 RT with wide screen and when ive got it up (Oooh Matron) at lights or stops with the visor down its a mare Anti fog on the glasses dosnt work and the venting systems shite on them ,,, mines been back to Shoei for adjusting but its not changed,,,The worse part of buying a new lid is that you cant try it on and go for a ride to find out if it fits the bill

I also ride an RT and wear glasses, what I have found is, I need to drop the screen to allow air flow into the front vent on the helmet, its then a lot better. The odd thing, is, my right lens always mists up, but the left doesn't and that is the same whether I wear my Shoei or my Schuberth.

I also ride an RT and wear glasses, what I have found is, I need to drop the screen to allow air flow into the front vent on the helmet, its then a lot better. The odd thing, is, my right lens always mists up, but the left doesn't and that is the same whether I wear my Shoei or my Schuberth.
Its negative pressure coming up from the bike when the screens up blocking the clean air from over the screen, What i have noticed from the RT which is weird is that the left mirror seems to collect more crud than the right.Ive had to tape up the top vents from the inside of the Shoei to cancel out the wind noise in lid

What about trying one of the neoprene nose muffs that Velcro onto the front of the chin guard. I used one on my old shoei yrs ago. Not been a problem with either of the HJC’s I’ve had.

Al.

What about trying one of the neoprene nose muffs that Velcro onto the front of the chin guard. I used one on my old shoei yrs ago. Not been a problem with either of the HJC’s I’ve had.

Al.

Cheers Al, tried one, doesn't seem to work with my Neotec.

I had this issue with the drop down visor on my Neotec ll until i realised i had the breath guard fitted incorrectly, it was covering the front vents that send cooler air up onto the visor.. As soon as i refitted the breath guard, no issues. It only becomes a problem when i stop at lights etc...

I have a J Cruise and a Neotec 2

I wore the J Cruise on my Bonneville for a Somme tour in May a couple of years ago, it was bloody cold and damp and my glasses and visor still misted badly but rain didn’t get on my glasses.

The J Cruise is also a much snugger fit in the cheek area compared to the Neo 2 so you may need to get thinner. Geek pads if you buy one, try to get them included in the deal.

I have a j cruise, glasses and ride a gs AYR.
The only time I get a misting problem is if I get hot in the house, shop etc then go out and it’s cold but once you’re rolling it clears.
I haven’t felt the need to fit a pin lock.

I have always worn an open face and the jc is my favourite helmet to date.
:thumby:

Oh - no problems in the rain either

Contact lenses - that'll cure your misting problem.

Not much good if you wear bifocals. Someone did suggest you have a short sight contact in one eye and long sight in the other, fcuk that, what a palaver :)

Not much good if you wear bifocals. Someone did suggest you have a short sight contact in one eye and long sight in the other, fcuk that, what a palaver :)

I'm very slightly short-sighted so I use one contact lens for distance clarity and none in the other eye to read the bike's info.

Back
Top Bottom