Interphone Tour vs Packtalk Bold

Martyleeds

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
A friend and I are looking at getting some comms for our upcoming tours. We have looked at the Interphone Tour but it seems you can't use a smartphone as sat nav and have comms, this is because the smartphone uses a2dp which is lower priority that the comms so the comms don't cut out when the smart phone gives directions. We both use a smartphone as our SatNav as we like the MyRouteApp solution. Does anyone know if this is possible with the Packtalk Bold? My understanding is that the Bold uses mesh for the comms so the a2dp/bluetooth channels should be left clear to interrupt as necessary? Does anyone have any experiences with using a smart phone for music and sat nav with the packtalk bold?

Thanks,
Martin

Just do without voice instructions. When riding with others I find the ability to talk to each other, especially when the SatNag is giving instructions, far outweighs the benefit of voice instructions. Often found satnavs give different instructions, even when same make, model & settings, having the ability to check with each other that it is a left or right turn etc ahead much more useful.

Hi all,
A friend and I are looking at getting some comms for our upcoming tours. We have looked at the Interphone Tour but it seems you can't use a smartphone as sat nav and have comms, this is because the smartphone uses a2dp which is lower priority that the comms so the comms don't cut out when the smart phone gives directions. We both use a smartphone as our SatNav as we like the MyRouteApp solution. Does anyone know if this is possible with the Packtalk Bold? My understanding is that the Bold uses mesh for the comms so the a2dp/bluetooth channels should be left clear to interrupt as necessary? Does anyone have any experiences with using a smart phone for music and sat nav with the packtalk bold?

Thanks,
Martin

Yes, the PackTalk will give directions from your phone. Use the DMC for comms link and the Bluetooth connection for anything else (satnav/music etc)

The newer units from Sena are better specced, and can handle multiple BT connections & connections to nav

The Nav 6 now supports nav to Headset & nav to phone as seperate connections, not trying to control both.

The version of BT also helps with BT4.x being the latest standard

Bike to bike comms is via mesh networking up to 50 odd riders connected at one time

The newer units from Sena are better specced, and can handle multiple BT connections & connections to nav

The Nav 6 now supports nav to Headset & nav to phone as seperate connections, not trying to control both.

The version of BT also helps with BT4.x being the latest standard

Bike to bike comms is via mesh networking up to 50 odd riders connected at one time

According to the Sena blurb, their Mesh Tech allows unto 15 riders at a time. There doesn't seem to be hardly any difference in the Sena specs to the Packtalk Bold, both use BT 4.1 and both have a mesh network. The Sena unit is a lot larger though.

We have a group of around 10 riders and all have cardo scala pack talk and they are fantastic. They link seemlessly through the phone app as a group so all Tuned in together. I generally have music playing and you can have that in the back ground and still have a good conversation

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom