TE630

Owen Snell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've had this for nearly a year now, bought from our very own Andres. It came on SM wheels, so I ran it last year on those. This year's project is to do some green lanes, having never been off road on a bike before. Today was the first run out in TE form, here's the bike on the Trent bank at Marton.

Husky Trent Bank.jpg

Ah memories, we were away for the weekend, driving around we came across Husky sport in Cheriton, let’s have a look around I thought. Fifteen minutes later I made an impulse purchase based in part on Andres’s recommendation and love of the brand. I enjoyed the bike for a couple of years but in truth there were limited opportunities to ride it in Bedfordshire and I tired of taking it to Wales for a good days riding.

The lanes here are mostly short lengths and not very joined up, but I'm going to try and get round as many as I can!

Went in search of some green lanes over the border in Nottinghamshire today, started this one and then hit a deeply rutted section. The Husky did a great job, took this when I got out the other end. It's surprisingly nimble for a 600 cc bike.

Husky Green Laning 2019-07.jpg

I picked up a Britannia fairing last year from the Cafe Husky classified. A bit of extra time at home with the lock down gave me an excuse to get it fitted. Some repairs were needed to the light holder behind the GRP fairing and the sliders had come apart. Then I needed a new dip beam for RHD, fitted in these pictures. The previous unit had an HID fitted, but I've left this new one as halogen. The main beam is a LED unit. The dash looked unused, not sure how the PO fitted the fairing. Fitted the Husky dash module onto the Britannia dash and added a switched 12 V power connection. There's another 12 V permanent feed available as part of the loom if needed later.

Pictures with the screen up and down.

Britannia Screen Up.jpg

Britannia Screen Down.jpg

Back
Top Bottom