KAOKO Cruise Control - thoughts?

Bandare

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I want to find a good solution for a cruise control for an R1150 GS Adventure. I found the Kaoko CCF100 Cruise Control and wondered if anyone here has tried one or uses one regularly.

Had one on my VFR1200F. It is great for prolonged rides on motorways but other than that, it didn’t get a lot of use. What about a throttle control that clips on and you rest your palm on it.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I do a lot of Motorway riding and it would be nice to find something like the Kaoko. It certainly looks good. A shame the 1150 GSA doesn't have a screw under the throttle like my old K100 did :)

Due to a bad wrist break I fitted a similar one on my old 1200RT. It was frustrating as every up/down hill change the bike would slow or accelerate and I was forever tweaking the throttle to maintain the set speed.

If you're quite relaxed by the varying speeds it probably won't be an issue.

Had a Kaoko fitted to my 12GS....sold it soon after. I now use one of those plastic paddle type thingies and find it’s much better (and it’s much cheaper too).

I have one of these fitted. It needed some modification to fit and it took me a while to tweak it to the 'sweet spot' between slipping and dragging, but it works fine. I don't use it very often, but it's perfect for when my fingers occasionally go numb and I need to shake my wrist/shoulder.

eBay LINKY

I'll post pics of the fitting a bit later...

I have one fitted to my K1300S and have modified it a shown in the photos.

Prior to modification.
ksZGPYc.jpg

In the locked position.
GDcTcrP.jpg

In the unlocked position.
LHOcAiu.jpg

i had one of the ones that rest on the brake lever and it was ok but it made dents in the grip puppies so it naturally only wanted to sit in those dents. I then changed to a kaoko and i like it but I'm looking at modifying it to make it easier to engage as it can be a bit fiddly at motorway speeds

I have a Touratec version on my 12gs, and to be fair, when I've used it on motorways it's done a pretty reasonable job. You have to accept that it isn't a 'cruise control' that adjusts the throttle to keep a constant speed, it just provides sufficient friction for the throttle handgrip to stay where it is without you having to grip it tight. It allows me to relax my grip and if it comes to a hill I just adjust the position of the handgrip slightly. It can be wound on with the little finger of your right hand to engage it, or off to disengage. Certainly when I've been trogging on motorways across Europe to get somewhere, I've been glad of it.

I had a Kaoko on an 1100GS and really liked it. Super neat, and easy to use once you're used to it.

Rather than adjusting the throttle - clamp - unclamp - readjust throttle etc, set it so it gives just enough resistance to hold the throttle. You then make fine throttle adjustments as usual, but it just stays where you left it.

I'd have another without hesitation.

I used an O ring from a Caterpillar digger, costs about a fiver on eBay [edit, that link is to USA eBay] I guess any hefty O ring of similar internal diameter would do?

Video here

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BmwkuzbsiOg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for the great replies. That O ring looks bloody good at the price too! I wish I could find a second hand KAOKO I think. Quite steep at about £100.

Just remembered - didn't 'Jaws' of this parish do one (plus matching L/H bar-end) in stainless?

Yes - here it is LINKY

Search 'Jaws throttle lock' on this forum for reviews.

Just remembered - didn't 'Jaws' of this parish do one (plus matching L/H bar-end) in stainless?

Yes - here it is LINKY

Search 'Jaws throttle lock' on this forum for reviews.

Thanks for that. I ordered one. Will report back.

Back
Top Bottom