KTM and the West Country

This is why I've had to buy an adventurous, adventurised, adventure bike. Not just any adventurous, adventurised, adventure bike.....oh no. I've bought a SUPER adventurous, adventurised, adventure bike.

Show us a pic, guvnor

I've spoken to Bob about KTM servicing as he's a "friend of a friend" and was at a Christmas piss up I attended. He was OK to do the valve service on my 1190 and he seemed very knowledgeable, but he's not an official KTM dealer of course. Not sure how much experience he has on the later bikes, but I'm sure he could do it.

He's not only ex CW BMW, but was mechanic at CW's short lived KTM dealer at Crossways near you, so has a lot of KTM experience. Crossways now known for the rather lovely beers that come from Dorset Brewing Co. based there :beer:

BTW He told me I could do it myself and that the valves probably wouldn't need adjustment anyway. He was right on both counts :)

I've spoken to Bob about KTM servicing as he's a "friend of a friend" and was at a Christmas piss up I attended. He was OK to do the valve service on my 1190 and he seemed very knowledgeable, but he's not an official KTM dealer of course. Not sure how much experience he has on the later bikes, but I'm sure he could do it.

He's not only ex CW BMW, but was mechanic at CW's short lived KTM dealer at Crossways near you, so has a lot of KTM experience. Crossways now known for the rather lovely beers that come from Dorset Brewing Co. based there :beer:

BTW He told me I could do it myself and that the valves probably wouldn't need adjustment anyway. He was right on both counts :)

Thanks for the info Cookie. I reckon he may be my first port of call.

You learn something every day and that's about 10 mins walk from my house. I feel a visit could be in my near future :thumb2

10 mins walk there......half hour stagger back.

What is it with having a KTM franchise? They don't seem to last long. The dealer I've just bought my 1290 from (Hysides, Romford) have just lost/jacked in the KTM franchise side of things I found out yesterday.

I've heard (from a fellow inmate) that S&P were good.

I'm in the same boat with Crescent leaving the KTM fold. S&P are slightly further away for me than the OP - the same distance as Premier in Abingdon, and plenty on here rate them highly, so not sure which to go to. South coast ride much more interesting than the A34 though.

PS Bought my first KTM (950 SMR) from Crossways many years ago. Great dealership and Bob did all the warranty period servicing.

S&P and JD Racing = Good Service

I've used S&P, good customer service etc. I used them for my Ducati I had a few years ago and will use them for my TL in the near future.:thumb

I've also used JD Racing as well and can say again, good customer service, family run business I believe.:thumb

I'm in the same boat with Crescent leaving the KTM fold. S&P are slightly further away for me than the OP - the same distance as Premier in Abingdon, and plenty on here rate them highly, so not sure which to go to. South coast ride much more interesting than the A34 though.

PS Bought my first KTM (950 SMR) from Crossways many years ago. Great dealership and Bob did all the warranty period servicing.

Well, Premier aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, so if you want to build a long term relationship with a dealer, they’d be your best bet. :thumb

You learn something every day and that's about 10 mins walk from my house. I feel a visit could be in my near future :thumb2

Go down when the Tap Room is open. Like a little pub.

Well, Premier aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, so if you want to build a long term relationship with a dealer, they’d be your best bet. :thumb

I visited them before deciding to do it myself. They seemed pretty good to me, but the dual carriageway drag up there put me off.

Definitely a different world from Crescent.

I visited them before deciding to do it myself. They seemed pretty good to me, but the dual carriageway drag up there put me off.

Definitely a different world from Crescent.

There are some cracking back roads around there, you just need to take a bit longer to get there!

Here you go Nutty old chap

Attachments

• D60DF828-2015-4AAE-A2F6-8A031F6279A9.jpg
    D60DF828-2015-4AAE-A2F6-8A031F6279A9.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 247
  • ED3C6703-C2A9-4C6B-9685-E4B17B7D3BBA.jpg
    ED3C6703-C2A9-4C6B-9685-E4B17B7D3BBA.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 229
Splendid. We should arrange a threesome with Keith, :eek::D

That screen on the SAT looks far more purposeful than the SAS offering. Does the design reduce buffeting?

That screen on the SAT looks far more purposeful than the SAS offering. Does the design reduce buffeting?

It seems to work ok for me. Subjective things screens though. I must admit, I do find a big screen a little obtrusive.

Back
Top Bottom