KTM and the West Country

I see you have the good old black brake fluid syndrome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I see you have the good old black brake fluid syndrome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Not quite black but it does look like it’s about 10 years old though :D

Not quite black but it does look like it’s about 10 years old though :D

It’s the seals bleeding pigment into the fluid. Apparently. Had exactly the same on my SA-T.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s the seals bleeding pigment into the fluid. Apparently. Had exactly the same on my SA-T.

That's interesting, my 1190 has always done the same and I just change it frequently ~ I'd always assumed it was due to heat and being so close to the rear exhaust.

Andres

Doesn't seem to happen if you switch away from Motorex brake fluid though.

Had two lots of Motorex in mine and it goes dark almost from the off. Motul now and it's as clear as when it went in. TBF it's still early days, but reports from the colonies suggest it's a Motorex issue.

I've also suffered from boiled fluid when in the mountains, so hopefully that is improved too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting.....mine's a 15 plate and the brake fluid is the 'normal' colour; checked the service/workshop history and no record of seals being changed.

It'll be changed in a few weeks so I'll make enquiries; I'll take the Motul I've got in the workshop and give it to them to put in :D

Then they probably would piss in it. 😀

Back
Top Bottom