KTM and the West Country

Melch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just purchased a secondhand 1290 SA. I've also recently moved to Dorset. I know there are no KTM dealers in the area but would anybody happen to know of a decent independent round these parts. Thank ee kindly. :beerjug:

Not independent as such, but I'd thoroughly recommend JD Racing at Saltash. Dedicated KTM, Rich is a top mechanic, and very reasonable rates.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not independent as such, but I'd thoroughly recommend JD Racing at Saltash. Dedicated KTM, Rich is a top mechanic, and very reasonable rates.

Thanks for the reply. A bit too far for me though. I'm near Weymouth. :beerjug:

You should start a thread to see if there are any decent independents close to Minehead. :augie

To be honest I do most stuff myself, unless it's a warranty issue it needs the KTM computer, both of which need an official dealer.

To be honest I do most stuff myself, unless it's a warranty issue it needs the KTM computer, both of which need an official dealer.

As do I but as it is only a couple of years old I would like some sort of stamp in the book, preferably by somebody trustworthy and not 100 miles away.

What on earth have you moved to Dorset for? :D

Oh and shit like this.....

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 385
S and P Motorcycles in Exeter are official KTM dealers and pretty good people to deal with.

Oh and shit like this.....

Dorset look shit, they can't even tarmac the roads properly and as for that dinosaur having a drink from the scrumpy lake................scary

Interesting, that's a new one - and my closest! When did they start KTM?

Got the first bikes in just after Christmas. They've just done my 9k service and let me loose on a 790 Duke demo bike while they did it.

Better than the previous dealers in Torquay. However, they did put in an air filter which strictly wasn't due for replacement until the next service. Partly my fault as I didn't mention it had been replaced so they may have done it based on age of the bike.

Dorset look shit, they can't even tarmac the roads properly and as for that dinosaur having a drink from the scrumpy lake................scary

This is why I've had to buy an adventurous, adventurised, adventure bike. Not just any adventurous, adventurised, adventure bike.....oh no. I've bought a SUPER adventurous, adventurised, adventure bike.

Back
Top Bottom