Typical female KTM owner

AndyB_11

Still waiting
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My wife who has owned a 390 Duke for approaching a year was busy looking at pictures of bikes on the Internet on Friday and asked if KTM made a Duke with a larger engine. I gave the obvious answer that yes, they make a 690.

After a minute or two she asked if they made an even bigger one with a V twin engine? “Go and look in the fucking garage!”

Yep, that’s a grey 1290 SuperDuke sitting there though in her defence it is the GT version 😀

You're lucky. When my Wife was asked which bike we have she said " Er....a red one. German I think"

I had a Roulette Green 955 Speed Triple and a 955 Tiger in the same colour

SWMBO thought it was the same bike :D

They’re great aren’t they?

She’s not really got the excuse of having no knowledge about bikes because she’s been riding them for 35 years and owns 4 other bikes as well as the 390.

Had 690 loaner once, quite nippy, but would not want to do much more than local runs on one, had a 790 Duke when the 1190 had its service, much better all round, but way too cramped for me (or the Mrs)

The 790 Adventure is very compact, tried convincing my Mrs that is what she wants, but it turns out she would rather just borrow my 1190.

Back
Top Bottom