Help needed with S1000XR Foot pegs.

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Both my wife and I have S1000XR's. For two different reasons we are in need of help finding footrest lowering kits so I am looking for suggestions.

Wife :- She has a prosthetic leg, the leg is digging into the back of her knee because of the knee bend getting on to the OEM peg. This only affects the Gear Change side she is fine on the other. Does anyone sell these pegs separately per side? For her need the gear change is carried out via a Kliktronic unit so no need to adjust the gear lever :)

Me:- I have two crap knees, one has a had a partial replacement that has not worked well. I have tried the cheap solution from Flea bay but couldn't reach the brake lever and gear changing was a faff.
I have HP rear sets installed in an attempt to give more adjustment but, compared to my GSA, the knee bend is still too much. I am looking for foot peg lowering kits but would need to be able to adjust gear and brake lever to suit. Does anyone have any experience of doing this? I could try a taller seat but am already as high from the ground as I want to be. I love this bike so am looking to tailor it to my needs but if I cant then "its time to take old yeller out back" :mad:

They look pretty damn good and at a very fair price. Well worth me trying I think, thanks paganman.

Hi, tried them, very small foot rest so no good for the missus, no sensation in her foot makes it hard to keep it on a peg. For me I found them difficult to sort brake and gear pedal reach so flogged them off. Maybe I should have been a bit more patient.

I always make stuff like that myself. You could be better off going to a small engineering firm and get the exact fit.
I would start with some standard touring footrests like these on my RT and get the engineers to make the bespoke mounting.
You could drop the entire hanger with 6mm custom plates and then also make a step down for the footrest if needed.
A more expensive option but it is important to be comfortable.

Attachments

• 20190403_141719.jpg
    20190403_141719.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 310
HI, I got the SW Motech ones in the end, worked perfectly, thanks for all advice.

Back
Top Bottom