Need a mechanic in S Wales that knows Servo brakes

luckylucian

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2004 R1200GS, servo on rear brake stopped working :blast, can anyone suggest a good mechanic in South Wales to take it to pls?

Theres a guy down west who knows his way around the 1200, cant remember his name sorry,but I can tell you most will say remove the ABS and servos for reliable brake.

I don't think it can be done on the 2004 to 2007 without an error code but am open to be corrected, would save me a fortune

I don't think it can be done on the 2004 to 2007 without an error code but am open to be corrected, would save me a fortune

Yes it can !!

You repipe the brake pipes as a non abs bike

Remove all the rest of the ABS unit "BUT" separate the Electronics box from the unit "CAREFULLY!!!"and seal it up and refit it back to the loom and secure it back on the bike

Remove the dash

Split it and cover the two warning lamp holes or paint the LEDs

Put it all back together Bleed the brakes

AND Robert would be your fathers brother!!

No Extra bits needed Speedo and lights and Brake lamps work as prior to the removal

Yes and no ;)

Yes - You can servoectomise as DrFarkoff details, and the brakes work with nos problems

No - Error codes are produced due to the now removed servo not recieving expected values.

However the good news is - the codes are non visible & will only show on conection of a dedicated code reader.

THe BF light on the Kombi will stay iluminated, but can be addressed - do a search of the forum

Ive done it on my 05,

I bought the bmw fittings to keep it looking stock, split the clocks and painted over the leds on the dash.

Its not hard, but the fella I mentioned down west can do it as ive spoken to him at the cafe a few times.

Is that Trevor?

Ive done it on my 05,

I bought the bmw fittings to keep it looking stock, split the clocks and painted over the leds on the dash.

Its not hard, but the fella I mentioned down west can do it as ive spoken to him at the cafe a few times.

When did he do the work on your bike? Many years ago Phil did some good work on my 911.

When did he do the work on your bike? Many years ago Phil did some good work on my 911.
There was a 911 on his ramp for several years looked almost beyond recovery, was that yours?
Phil is a good guy, been through a lot of aggro over the last few years which he did not deserve

Thanks, will give him a call. Mine was a 1976 2.4s....wish i had kept it

Back
Top Bottom