gog's basket case GS

Not looking too bad there Gordon :thumb2

And I'm jealous of all that work space, I need to do some weird contorted shapes to get from one end of my shed to the other thanks to zero space :rolleyes:

Not looking too bad there Gordon :thumb2

And I'm jealous of all that work space, I need to do some weird contorted shapes to get from one end of my shed to the other thanks to zero space :rolleyes:

cheers mike - yeah the workshop was necessary to save my marriage as apparently the house is no place for manky old bike parts. im banned from using the dishwasher as a parts washer too now, how unfair is that?

does anyone have a knackered seat I could buy? going to be cutting a bit off the front to work with the RT tank, shortening the seat pan and foam and recovering, so condition entirely unimportant as long as its solid.

does anyone have a knackered seat I could buy? going to be cutting a bit off the front to work with the RT tank, shortening the seat pan and foam and recovering, so condition entirely unimportant as long as its solid.

phoned motorworks, they have a tatty one i can refurb and recover, £15. result.

still waiting for paperwork from dvla to come through for this so not really wanting to spend much time in case the frame can’t be put back on road.

had a few hours to kill so decided to drain the gearbox oil.

it was half full of water and some gunk on the plug but nothing too ‘big shiny flakes’ concerning

47b53dcb1394cb4c8c516bafe78371e9.jpg

c4f99ce6973da3525c62e934dfbf1b10.jpg

next was the seized speedo cable in gearbox. prised out and the gear is pretty badly chewed up. some rusty shite in the recess too

8d64384ea7603dc79bd9efbf0fd44ac1.jpg

69689e05067953ba2abef14d86404edf.jpg

got a very cheap but tatty seat from motorworks. don’t want a full length one so cut to single. will be shortening subframe and welding up a new rear rack

8149c38d96eb26c6dbc86b36fcc98b4c.jpg

e28882003e17c352d40e2b6dfca1803a.jpg

5e03d2dfd293d36b20fe334a59a093e0.jpg

6ce8de002559afb15a705d7897772887.jpg

9a65f51d915c1705de56f9f405f4561b.jpg

original rear shock and spring was knackered so replaced with a refurbed hagon one off ebay for £70.

next up was removal of crash bars and exhaust headers. despite some judicious use of plus gas and mr rothenberger, the exhaust roses didn’t want to come easily. decided to cut a slot with grinder and chisel them open instead of risking stripping the threads

366a197cddcda487cf88e3361e274dc9.jpg

56aef00e67c6298c5d2f3d3cad33f040.jpg

also removed rear end. next step is gearbox off and engine out of frame. fingers crossed i avoid the drama of seized engine studs i had with my RT a while back!

d286efd2a6a70f2ed05ff6bb913e76bf.jpg

854122f7970b71a7c5cbcd70bd99354c.jpg

The one with the white tank also looks like a 'work-in-progress' job!

The one with the white tank also looks like a 'work-in-progress' job!

yep. that’s my RT. waiting on cylinder heads getting machined. and waiting. and waiting. etc. got to finish the subframe and make a wiring loom for the motogadget m-unit i’m using.

yep. that’s my RT. waiting on cylinder heads getting machined. and waiting. and waiting. etc. got to finish the subframe and make a wiring loom for the motogadget m-unit i’m using.

You're a very busy man in that there Kingdom!

You're a very busy man in that there Kingdom!

i have a house full of girls Khulu, i need something to occupy myself in solitude!

Are you heading to Dent this year? few of us from north of the wall going down on Friday, meeting at the biker's cove in queensferry around midday.

i have a house full of girls Khulu, i need something to occupy myself in solitude!

Are you heading to Dent this year? few of us from north of the wall going down on Friday, meeting at the biker's cove in queensferry around midday.

Yes, I plan to be there.
Although I live in the highlands I work in Ayrshire so will be leaving from there.
Hope to have a beer with you and listen to your various builds progress.

Beer I can do. Progress is a foreign concept to me though. :beerjug:

I'm heading down Thursday as I'm going to Newark to look at campervans on the Friday but aim to be back mid afternoon; probably just as you arrive.:beerjug::beerjug::thumby::thumby:

I'm heading down Thursday as I'm going to Newark to look at campervans on the Friday but aim to be back mid afternoon; probably just as you arrive.:beerjug::beerjug::thumby::thumby:

If you're going to Brownhills be very careful.................things are not as good as they may appear..................I worked there for a while............never again!

If you're going to Brownhills be very careful.................things are not as good as they may appear..................I worked there for a while............never again!

I need more information, please. PM if you wish.

Mr Gog. Any news? This had dropped to the second page, so I've revived it.

Hope all is well.

on the back burner for now david, few other bits of work needing finished before i can dedicate time to this one, plus DVLA are being bawbags about the registration. debating whether to get on to this one after my current workload is clear, though i also have an XT600 project that could be fun ;)

Back
Top Bottom