side stand enlarger.

Mullabrack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone any experience of side stand enlargers for an XR. I reckon they could do with a tad more height as they lean over quite a bit on the side stand. Its probably more height as opposed to enlarged area I could do with but beggars cant be choosers I suppose. Any suggestions appreciated

Carry a plastic puck in a tail pack or cross bar bag, or under the seat for soft surfaces, maybe cut a template out of wood to add some height?

I bought a Givi one for my XR. Very well engineered, has never fallen off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions. Seen the cymarc one but wasn’t convinced. Will check the Givi one.

Thanks again..

I have Cymarcs on mine and the wife's S1000XR. They are good for height but the one on the wife's rattles, had to bung a couple of pennies in it between the bottom of the stand and the extension bit.
Does what it says on the tin though and mine is fine. We tried a normal length stand as we have reduce height bikes but that was just too long. they could do with something in between length wise.

Be careful with longer sidestands - a mate took a KTM 1290 out for a test ride & got a puncture - no problem you'd think. Leaving it on the (only) sidestand whilst amassing his puncture kit, the back tyre finally deflated completely and the bike fell over.....damage notable, £750 excess anyone ??
Some times the inconvenience is there for a purpose.

Back
Top Bottom