Software upgrade kills my SRC...Help

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I have just tried to do a firmware upgrade to my SRC Pro collar and it has killed my SRC.

The collar lights went out during the process and won't come back on no matter what I do, I've tried recharging it and nothing is happening.

I purchased the 'as-new' unit from a guy on here a few weeks ago, no blame there as it was working okay when it arrived, but I cant send it back to a 'dealer under warranty, as it's probably out of date anyway?
Anyone else had this happen, does anyone repair these things?

Cheers

I had that happen, contacted Sena, as instructed by Sena then took it to my local Louis shop they sent it back to get reflashed, no charge, and it was years out of warranty.

Smogs, I’m pretty sure that this is the Cadio made collar, so will Sena even look at it.?

I’m aware that Sena make the later clip in coms

Use the cardo support web page, they are pretty good with replying to issues, but it may take a day

Thanks Caspar, I’ll try that later, seems like a bit of a nightmare for my old analog brain :blast

Why not delete the uploaded software you have on your PC. refresh the PC then upload the software again ....Make sure the uploaded software is genuine SRC software ,as it is possible the one you had before might have been carrying a virus which has infected the collar.

Well that’s identical to my collar!

DC, as I said, my old brain is very analog and I tend to struggle with such things, I was on the Schubert’s site, and I was following the instructions, I have since been advised to use the Cadio site although it looks quite similar to me. I don’t know if my unit will wake up enough to respond to the download, at the moment it’s a dead as a do-do? :nenau

J & S in Doncaster have said that they will send it back to Tran-am and hopefully they can fix it...not good, only just had my hernia fixed last Friday night, so not supposed to drive for 10 days, much longer before I get my leg over the bike, but hopefully be fit for Scotland on 2nd May.

Well that’s identical to my collar!

DC, as I said, my old brain is very analog and I tend to struggle with such things, I was on the Schubert’s site, and I was following the instructions, I have since been advised to use the Cadio site although it looks quite similar to me. I don’t know if my unit will wake up enough to respond to the download, at the moment it’s a dead as a do-do? :nenau

Sorry mate my mistake, it was Schuberth I contacted, and I went through what DC said, I am very computer savvy, but I gave up and took it to Louis moto to be sent and flashed because nothing else I could do, turnaround was about 2 weeks, since then I have had Sena, and now back to Schuberth SC1...:blast

Hi Smogs,
Thanks for that, I’ll have to do the same.
Kev

Thanks Smogs.

Update..posted to J+S Doncaster yesterday, they received it today and they will in turn send it onto Tran-am for evaluation, I have also been in contact with Schuberth in Germany who seem be following events.
Schuberth have sent me some very nice and considerate emails, hopefully they will get it sorted, I also included my pillions headset in the same parcel to get upgraded at the same time as I dare not risk another crash.

Will keep you posted.:thumb2

Thanks Smogs.

Update..posted to J+S Doncaster yesterday, they received it today and they will in turn send it onto Tran-am for evaluation, I have also been in contact with Schuberth in Germany who seem be following events.
Schuberth have sent me some very nice and considerate emails, hopefully they will get it sorted, I also included my pillions headset in the same parcel to get upgraded at the same time as I dare not risk another crash.

Will keep you posted.:thumb2

:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

Back
Top Bottom