New Navigator 6 units on eBay - Avoid?

damodici

Reaction score
Just awaiting the collection of my S1000XR this Saturday and would really quite like the Nav 6 as i think it will come in handy.

Prices seem to vary considerably and whilst theres the odd decent 2nd hand deal on them, reading some of the issues people have had with the units i can't but help think having the 2 year warranty would be the better bet.

Some BMW dealers are doing pretty decent deals on eBay (£560 ish) but thats still a hell of a lot for a Garmin, but then theres a few sellers listing 'unwrapped/new' units for sub £500.

However as they're not BMW dealers I'm not sure whether anyone, Garmin, BMW, or otherwise, would offer any warranty on it without buying from a dealer.

Garmin don't seem to know as I've asked them, they think its the BMW dealers that handle the warranty claims so that phone call didn't help

Im just wondering if its worth bothering buying from any other source than a genuine dealer thats all?

Or is there a new Nav 7 coming and thats why theres a lot of 'overstock' floating around on the eBay?

Sadjim on this forum - might be able to do a deal on one?

My 10p worth. When I was looking for a Nav VI, I was told by BMW and Garmin that all warranty claims would be handled by a dealer, any dealer, but you would need the supporting documents of purchase ie invoice. That stopped me buying off eBay unless it was a BMW dealer unloading stock. Buying used is ok if you trust the person to help if it goes duff. In the end I managed to get my dealer to price match at £570, but as I had a V to sell, cost to change wasn't too bad. If you look how long the Nav V was around, I doubt if there will be a Nav 7 anytime soon, especially if BMW are starting to look at integrated Nav into TFT etc.

Sadjim on this forum - might be able to do a deal on one?

My 10p worth. When I was looking for a Nav VI, I was told by BMW and Garmin that all warranty claims would be handled by a dealer, any dealer, but you would need the supporting documents of purchase ie invoice. That stopped me buying off eBay unless it was a BMW dealer unloading stock. Buying used is ok if you trust the person to help if it goes duff. In the end I managed to get my dealer to price match at £570, but as I had a V to sell, cost to change wasn't too bad. If you look how long the Nav V was around, I doubt if there will be a Nav 7 anytime soon, especially if BMW are starting to look at integrated Nav into TFT etc.

Thanks both, appreciate the response.

Good to hear there's nothing on the horizon for the nav 7, sounds like buying directly from a dealer is the only way to get supported warranty.

Presumably Sadjim works for a dealer does he?

Back
Top Bottom