Munchen accommodation ideas needed

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We are going to Bauma next week and are looking for somewhere to stay ideally an hour or less from the exhibition, two nights, but all the business hotels we have tried so far are booked. Can anyone suggest somewhere ideally West or North of Munich. B & B or hotel.

I just pumped Munich hotels for next week, commencing Monday finishing Friday into Booking.com and came up with a map showing lots of hotels available. Not sure how far west or north you want to go.

How about the http://www.booking.com/Share-6hD6Xo I only picked that one as it called itself ‘north’, unlike its brothers and sisters, who call themselves by the other three cardinal points of the compass.

The exhibition halls seem easy to get to on public transport: https://messe-muenchen.de/media/project/pdf/getting-there/bauma19-anreiseflyer.pdf

My daughter was studying in Munich last year so paid several visits. She stayed in Studendtstadt which is spitting distance from the hotel Wapping pulled out. Multi storey building with the BMW logo on the side :beerjug:

Hotel accommodation is on the expensive side. Have you thought of Airbnb? We stayed at some of their places on each occasion and all were good. This would allow you to spend more time in the city and enjoy all it has to offer.

Public transport in Munich is excellent so you don't need to stay too close. Get a Tageskarte for the S and U Bahn and it covers the Trams as well.

I normally stayed in Karlsfeld or Dachau which is too far out of the way, but often used the Hotel Leopold which is approx 6 miles so a reasonable taxi ride, its also more in town if you want to see the sights.

Just spent the last day and a half in bed, sadly ill, just thinking nobody has answered my pleas for help, I should have known ther3 would be advice, thanks back on it.

All booked, thanks for the help.

Whilst doing some research for a trip later this year I spotted this thread and realised nearly five years ago I hadn’t replied to Richard’s not unreasonable question.

The answer is we couldn’t get in anywhere reasonable in Munich so stayed in Augsburg and used the excellent high speed train to take us into Munich. Sadly I can’t remember the unremarkable hotel in Augsburg but it was a short walk from the station.

Back
Top Bottom