A good meal in Newcastle

Sharik

Reaction score
SWMBO and I are travelling up to Newcastle to meet up with our daughter who is coming down from Scotland. Could anyone offer recommendations for somewhere to enjoy a good lunch and/or evening meal in the city please? "Good" meaning quality of food not necessarily top end and expensive.

Many thanks.

What food style are you after?

Asian - Italian - English?

the botanist,next to greys monument ,its got a tree growing in the middle ,nice place and good food,its upstairs.and its right in the city center. always go after we have been to the footy

Mario's in Pudding Chare for great Italian food, nice atmosphere and reasonable prices. Alternatively Panis in high Bridge Street for fantastic Sardinian food - prices are good but it can be a bit noisy when busy.

HTH

Mario's in Pudding Chare for great Italian food, nice atmosphere and reasonable prices. Alternatively Panis in high Bridge Street for fantastic Sardinian food - prices are good but it can be a bit noisy when busy.

HTH

Dat Bar is no nonsense diner style place (awesome burgers) with a huge array of craft beer. I really liked it. The Botanist is great too, but we just had a few drinks there before going to Dat Bar.

Did I mention Dat Bar?

Thank you all for your recommendations; the ladies will make the decision as to which of the establishments from the list we shall visit.

if you like Asian food 1 would try Sachins Forth Banks, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3SG
just behind the central station

Fuckme, I didn't realise Sachin's was still going! That's a blast from the past.
Last time I was there for a meal was thirty five years ago.

Fuckme, I didn't realise Sachin's was still going! That's a blast from the past.
Last time I was there for a meal was thirty five years ago.

Yes - must be one of the longest established restaurants in the Toon? Only went once about thirty years ago and wasn't too impressed but that was a works night out so probably not a good example. I seem to remember it had been going quite a few years even then...

Yes - must be one of the longest established restaurants in the Toon? Only went once about thirty years ago and wasn't too impressed but that was a works night out so probably not a good example. I seem to remember it had been going quite a few years even then...

I've got to agree - food was nothing special. Very trendy and hip, which seemed to cater more for the Darras set than a foody.
Abdul Latif's place, around the corner, was far more exciting.
Despite my best efforts, I never managed the freeby :D

I've got to agree - food was nothing special. Very trendy and hip, which seemed to cater more for the Darras set than a foody.
Abdul Latif's place, around the corner, was far more exciting.
Despite my best efforts, I never managed the freeby :D

in there a couple of year ago I asked for chips. the waiters face said it all. no sir we don't do chips just Asian food. I was gutted

Back
Top Bottom