1150 front brake issue

obewan

Reaction score
Hope for some advice.

1150 Front brake not bringing on the brake light.
Rear brake does...so light ok.

Have taken micro switch out..appears to be working as reads 5 ohms when not in use and open circuit when operated.

First off does that sound about right?

Next step to check whether shorting the connector, on the bike, brings the rear light on.

The other question relates to the ABS Sensor; I would expect the use of the front brake would supply power to the ABS sensor and not that the sensor is needed to bring on the brake light. I should add the whole ABS/Servo was junked by the dealer when the unit went belly up a couple of months after I bought the bike some years ago, but the relay is still in place.

What year of bike is it ? Did it have the servo/abs modulator removed, if so how was it removed ? Plug cut off and relay used to complete the brake light circuit or was the abs/servo ecu left in place. Those models use a different brake switch to normal, circuit open when switch off and closed when open - opposite to the abs only switch ... feck all this writing, be easier if you just respond to my questions asked = year of bike - servo/abs and how was it removed .

Thanks all

Steptoe, 2003 model, I think the plug cut off an relay used to complete circuit. The micro-switch shows open circuit when not used, and 5 Ohm when circuit closed (Brake applied).

I couldn't make out from the wiring diagram whether activating the front brake simply closed the circuit to allow the ABS relay to get power, or whether it is involved in the activation of the rear light switch?

Will definitely short the connector on the bike out this weekend, not going to get chance before Saturday to see if that activates the brake light. As although the micro-switch appears to be working I remain sceptical.

cheers again,

I had that alot before. Rear brake light came on / off at random. Check your wire loom at the front brake lever, full swing of the handle bar to see if light comes on at any point. Mine was due to bulb having poor contact at the rear. Soldered to raise the contact points up and now it's bright and clear when engaged.

Back
Top Bottom