Planning a trip to Saxony in May 2019 feedback welcome.

Martyleeds

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
The title says it all really, I've been researching all the Germany/Harz links on the site, so firstly a massive thanks to you all for building up such an amazing database. There are 3 of us on 3 bikes sailing from Hull to Rotterdam and then riding up to Hamburg for the 1st night. 2nd day is a ride to Berlin, initially we were going to follow the Baltic coast route but at 9hrs+ we've decided to take a more direct route to spend a bit more time in Berlin in the evening, so have to come back next year and do the Baltic coast :) We don't want it to be a case of riding all day then sleep in a place and then straight back on the bikes again, we want to experience the towns/cities we visit. After Berlin it's a ride to Hotel Roseneck in the Harz for 2 nights and a couple of says playing around the Harz region. Then a ride over to Cologne eventually getting back to Rotterdam for the Friday O/N ferry back to Hull. I've attached a rough plan of the route so if you see anything obvious we're missing please feel free to mention it.
Thanks again for all your great information that has helped me build the route. :beerjug:

Attachments

• Germany Route.jpg
    Germany Route.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 175
You miss out some of the better roads between Kassel & Siegen - even marked in green on your map. Lots of towns with Bad (spa) in their name and roads through river valleys and forests.

You miss out some of the better roads between Kassel & Siegen - even marked in green on your map. Lots of towns with Bad (spa) in their name and roads through river valleys and forests.

Thanks Wessie. The map doesn't show the actual routes we will be using it's just a rough guide to the route we will be following for the places we want to stay overnight. Thanks for the tip about Cassel to Siegen I've added them to the actual route from Goslar to Frankfurt, it adds a couple of hours on but the roads do look nice and windy :)

Goslar is a great place , the roads around there are superb, twisty and in fantastic contd. loads of history too were the east meets the west border . Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom