1080p 60fps, hard wired - too much to ask?

fubbytucker

Reaction score
Given the quality of cameras these days I find it baffling why it is so hard to find a decent quality hardwired camera kit for a bike.
I know the Innov K2 gets good reviews, but it is 30fps and that really looks poor when compared to 60fps.
The Drift x has the same issue and isn't designed to be hard wired.

Decent camera, DVR box under the seat with easily accessible storage, wired to ignition. Doesn't seem an unreasonable requirement...

Has anyone cracked this yet?

I've got a couple of GoPro's but the form factor is so bulky that the idea of being able to have it permanently is really awkward to put into practice.
It's possible, but less than ideal.

I believe the innovv C5 is 1080p 60fps.

The website says 30fps but Teapot One on this site confirms it is 60fps.

Might be worth emailing them to confirm. I have to say that the after sales service from Innovv has been nothing but excellent.

To be honest, i wish i had gone for the C5 as 60fps is a bonus. I currently use a go pro 5 running 60fps for capturing video rather then the innovv K2 dashcam setup installed

I've given up on the fixed 1080p as it just isn't available it seems.
I've gone for a drift ghost X which is a compromise but seems ok so far.

I've given up on the fixed 1080p as it just isn't available it seems.
I've gone for a drift ghost X which is a compromise but seems ok so far.

Lost me there the Innovv C5 single camera is 1080p and fixed..............but if you are referring to the frame rate, a simple gopro in looping is perfect.

Yep, that was it. The Drift was a cheaper option but only gave 30fps, but 60fps still appears to be the holy grail.
GoPro hardwired would give the quality but not the set and forget or hidden aspect I'd ideally like. Also giving easy access to grab footage but not be easily nickable seems hard to achieve with a GoPro.

Yep, that was it. The Drift was a cheaper option but only gave 30fps, but 60fps still appears to be the holy grail.
GoPro hardwired would give the quality but not the set and forget or hidden aspect I'd ideally like. Also giving easy access to grab footage but not be easily nickable seems hard to achieve with a GoPro.

Yep set and forget, I see your point, my idea is to basically do what you say, with the C5 on the rear, but then use the Gopro for either Looping or better quality shots on the rides, gives me best of both worlds........:beerjug:

Whats the thing with 60fps?

Its not going to be a 70mm epic with a 7.1 atmos surround lol , and even that is shot at less than 50fps

24p is broadcast standard :)

60fps gives a far greater chance of being able to read a number plate on pausing the video if needed.

Whatever the frame rate, my INNOVV is clear when pausing, can easily read the number plate, main problem I think , is it's too wide angle😩😃

I always understood that the slower frame rate allowed for better light gathering resulting in better low light results.
If you don’t need better night time results then no problem.

Tom

Right think I have narrowed down to the best price and value for my needs, however they propose 2 different power options, one is called a smart cable that is connected directly to the battery, and is supposed to turn the unit off when it senses no vibrations ??? or the other power cable that connects to the battery and the ignition etc, what do you reckon is the best of the 2, I am worried the smart cable stays on and possibly drains the battery.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SYS...000&pvid=d1f64bc7-fd26-4fef-984c-09a7ea8abd73

I take it the vibration sensing one will trigger the recording if it detects movement? Could be useful.
I'd take a punt on the vibration sensing power. If it draws too much it will be pennies to replace with a standard power lead, but not so easy to go the other way round.
I'll be interested in seeing footage from that unit once it arrives.

I take it the vibration sensing one will trigger the recording if it detects movement? Could be useful.
I'd take a punt on the vibration sensing power. If it draws too much it will be pennies to replace with a standard power lead, but not so easy to go the other way round.
I'll be interested in seeing footage from that unit once it arrives.

Cheers for that, as although it is no hardship to splice into the wires, if it can be avoided sounds better to me, and even if something happens, I always have the XP-1 jumpstart in the topcase...........:beerjug:

Right think I have narrowed down to the best price and value for my needs, however they propose 2 different power options, one is called a smart cable that is connected directly to the battery, and is supposed to turn the unit off when it senses no vibrations ??? or the other power cable that connects to the battery and the ignition etc, what do you reckon is the best of the 2, I am worried the smart cable stays on and possibly drains the battery.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SYS...000&pvid=d1f64bc7-fd26-4fef-984c-09a7ea8abd73

It won't drain the battery. The smart power cable works by detecting the voltage change and continuous vibration. Once your bike is not being used, the DVR will record another 3 minutes and then stop.

Back
Top Bottom