PCP - Who's handing theirs back?

Cause it was money down the drain rather than towards the owning of a bike.
Am I missing something here, the pcp payments are paying off the bike, just in small amounts...?

Am I missing something here, the pcp payments are paying off the bike, just in small amounts...?

Probably a high interest PCP Deal.

Usually whatever initial deposit you put down, disappears in new bike tax....

.... then your monthly payments are covering depreciation and loan interest.

So you end up with nowt at the end....

I was tempted by the deal when it originally came out and part of me wishes that I'd gone for it....

Cause it was money down the drain rather than towards the owning of a bike.

That really wasn’t / isn’t the case with this from Honda. You got a DCT Africa Twin for about £2500 for 3 years. No deposit. Low 0% payments of £70 pcm.... That’s it. Show me another £12k plus bike that’ll only lose £2500 in the first 3 years?
Obviously, liking the AT DCT was a bonus

Took mine in for the 2nd service today. Only 6k miles but spokes gone, so asked for warranty replacement as has been done for many. Service guy thought that campaign had finished and they may not do it. We'll see, but i guess it will be them who gets the bike back at the end of the deal if it goes that way.

I really like mine, but the pcp thing somehow prevents me from wanting to scratch it off road (incase I give it back) and also keeps me thinking about other bikes like the ktm 790 etc..

I’m really liking my dct bike, especially for £70 a month, but I have a feeling it will be worth less than the final payment when the 3 years is up so will probably hand it back. I had a test ride on a manual version this week and I think I preferred it overall.

Took mine in for the 2nd service today. Only 6k miles but spokes gone, so asked for warranty replacement as has been done for many. Service guy thought that campaign had finished and they may not do it. We'll see, but i guess it will be them who gets the bike back at the end of the deal if it goes that way.

He’s trying it on, it wasn’t any sort of campaign...simply Honda fitting inappropriate non stainless spokes and owners rightly making a warranty claim.

Had call today; replacement wheels under warranty being done next week:beerjug:

It's weird... but my spokes are not going rusty??

But I'm not looking after them at all??

Take it back and get a refund :aidan

Oh yeah, can imagine the look on the sales guys face if I took my bike back... my spokes are rusty.... but Sir, what happened to the rest of the bike!!!

Oh yeah, can imagine the look on the sales guys face if I took my bike back... my spokes are rusty.... but Sir, what happened to the rest of the bike!!!

No take it back because they’re not rusty you’re the odd one out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm definately the odd one out... been like that all my life....

Just accidently lay it out in their car park and shout dramatically " Oh damn !"

I've had a ring round about getting the Africa twin sport and was told I could get 0% on a demo at a good price!! I asked them to send me a pcp quote but because the balloon payment was so low the monthly,s were double what I'm paying now £70 so I will keep mine another year then hand it back. Fyi the balloon was £5k so I think they have come a cropper on all those that got the cheap deal where the balloon 6.5k

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've had a ring round about getting the Africa twin sport and was told I could get 0% on a demo at a good price!! I asked them to send me a pcp quote but because the balloon payment was so low the monthly,s were double what I'm paying now £70 so I will keep mine another year then hand it back. Fyi the balloon was £5k so I think they have come a cropper on all those that got the cheap deal where the balloon 6.5k

I bet they find a way of recovering that lost £1.5k somewhere....

Back
Top Bottom