PCP - Who's handing theirs back?

It's a bit of a bargain for sure, but someone on here sold a decent one with full luggage for £5750 a week ago.. How cheap will they be in 18 months... I think it's a great bike but if I'm honest I wouldn't have bought it (pcp) if it wasn't such an amazing deal (£70pm).. Like I said, I'm in 2 minds and probably won't make a decision until close to the 3 year period.

Well you imagine how gutted those Honda customers are, who paid full RRP.... Their bikes are worthless in comparison to the original price.

That will be me :thumb luckily i do like it so no problem keeping it, paid £12500 cash, dont bother doing the sum i already have :mad:

The KTM GT which was massively discounted too - doesn’t appear to have destroyed the S/H market, though?

It looks to have been a depreciation-proof new purchase for those who bought at the reduced price, however? :nenau

Because the second hand KTM is still compared to similar SH bikes from other manufacturers- that kind of pegs the value.

Or - is there something about the Africa Twin that bucks that? :nenau

That will be me :thumb luckily i do like it so no problem keeping it, paid £12500 cash, dont bother doing the sum i already have :mad:

It didnt help when new ATs were then discounted to £8500 last year thus crashing secondhand prices and didnt a similar offer appear this year for the new model from the same vendor?

It didnt help when new ATs were then discounted to £8500 last year thus crashing secondhand prices and didnt a similar offer appear this year for the new model from the same vendor?

Honda did exactly the same thing a few years back on their Honda VFR1200.... RRP £12500.... then selling brand new DCT Versions for £8,500

That pissed a lot of people off.

KTM were doing a stupid discount deal last year, my mate bought a 1290 Adventure on PCP as the deal was that good.

Whereas Yamaha released their MT10 at £ 9,999 and subsequently put their prices UP... :D

Im looking to get another bike later in the year 1250GS HP KTM 1290 or a Multistrada unless the new Africa Twin comes out with all the toys of the others then ill reconsider ill pay cash this time, I got 2 Africa Twins on PCP one for me one for the son in law after being told thea PCP was the best deal in history !!

his one will be going back with a GFV of £5540 or final payment of £5550, Mine I put the max deposit on so the final payment is only £2300 but GFV is £6650 so his will go back and Ill pay mine off and he will have that !!

Wait 6 months to see if this comes out the DLV1200 'Dr Big' Super V Strom

Attachments

• super strom.jpg
    super strom.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 694
Apparently yes , it is in the pre production prototype development stage (if it was a BMW it would have been released to the Beta testers already)

Yes mine is a keeper , I don’t usually buy new bikes but made an exception for this. Brilliant bike and superb all rounder with excellent off road ability for a big bike. In all honesty if I only had one bike so this would be it. The adventure sport is probably better with the bits n bobs extra it has but not worth the extra 3 or 4 grand , plus I neither like the paint or the gold wheels.

It’s now officially the longest I’ve ever owned a bike in 37 years and an awful lot of bikes . High praise :D

Great fun on one over at Honda Adventure this last week they're a very stable ride off road

Has anyone any experience of overpaying the monthly pcp fee? Is it worthwhile ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really, doesn't alter the term and the overpayments are generally kept on 'account'. Most often used by self employed borrowers with variable cashflow who pay over when they have the dosh, perhaps hedging their bets anticipating potential reduction in future cashflow.

As you probably know you do generally have the right to return the vehicle once 50% of what is owe is paid. Please note that in cases of lowish deposits this won't be half way through the term and may be fairly close to the term end in some cases. Still a useful option for some.

Alternatively if you're reasonably near and want a new bike, dealer jiggerpokery on a new bike might work out for you subject to your appetite, deals available and dealer targets, especially towards quarter and year ends.

IMHO PCP is most appropriate if you anticipate swapping after the deal ends and are not yet ready for that 'last bike'. Otherwise buy the bloody thing.

Problems come if you find you don't like the machine, are a total tart and want everything and/or expect as a right that it will be worth more than GFV at end of deal.

I was so not convinced on the ride/bike/love for bike that I opted for PCP with full knowledge I was just renting it until other bikes arrived within the 2 years...hoping they would take my fancy. As it is, bike was stolen so can't return it, but would have gladly. As it is, no manufacturers have actually come out with something that floats my boat, so would probably have gone straight back to a twin cam...

As you probably know you do generally have the right to return the vehicle once 50% of what is owe is paid. Please note that in cases of lowish deposits this won't be half way through the term and may be fairly close to the term end in some cases. Still a useful option for some.

Honda have closed the door on that option !!

You can return the bike, however there's a clause, when you read the small print the finance owed is a lot more than the total payments amount, and 50% works out to be the exact amount you pay over the 3 years.

Honda have closed the door on that option !!

You can return the bike, however there's a clause, when you read the small print the finance owed is a lot more than the total payments amount, and 50% works out to be the exact amount you pay over the 3 years.

Thats ok... so there should be absolutely no issues handing the bike back then....

Back
Top Bottom