PCP - Who's handing theirs back?

Would you get the 19 plate on 0% with a £2000 saving or get the new one 5.9% on a pcp?

I'm not with you ?
Is it an AT you're looking at or an ATAS ? The bikes on this specific PCP were all 2017 DCT AT

A 19 plate will be 9 to 15mths old and I'd want more than £2k off it, even it has been sat in a dealer with 0 miles on. The new one will be an 1100....is the 19 plate ?

Between this for £9750
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...=price-desc&model=CRF1000L AFRICA TWIN&page=1

and a new unridden one at say £13k.....I'd save myself £3250 and by it

I'm not with you ?
Is it an AT you're looking at or an ATAS ? The bikes on this specific PCP were all 2017 DCT AT

A 19 plate will be 9 to 15mths old and I'd want more than £2k off it, even it has been sat in a dealer with 0 miles on. The new one will be an 1100....is the 19 plate ?

Between this for £9750
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...=price-desc&model=CRF1000L AFRICA TWIN&page=1

and a new unridden one at say £13k.....I'd save myself £3250 and by it

Looking at the AT just looking to see if the 2020 is that much better.

If both are CRF1000s I'd buy a nearly new one and save several thousand pounds. If the 2020 is actually the 1100, I'd need to test ride it and see if all the new bits are worth the extra cash.

Also remember that at 5.9% you have perhaps another £1000 interest to pay, so that £2k now becomes £3k.
Only you will know

I've just bought out my PCP deal this week. I bought an Xr back in 2017 after trading in a 2015 S1000r against it. My dealership informed me that I went into the deal with to much equity giving me a really low monthly for the past 3 years. Now if I want to move to the 2020 Xr my repayments will double. I don't really see the need to pay double for a bike that's not twice as good as my 2017.

I've just bought out my PCP deal this week. I bought an Xr back in 2017 after trading in a 2015 S1000r against it. My dealership informed me that I went into the deal with to much equity giving me a really low monthly for the past 3 years. Now if I want to move to the 2020 Xr my repayments will double. I don't really see the need to pay double for a bike that's not twice as good as my 2017.

That's exactly how I've felt on both my 2017 bikes.

I've kept both of them :thumb2

Paid mine off

One of the joys of being an old bugger is taking the 25% tax free lump sum from the pension pot and paying off everyone I owed any money to at all.

I spent ages oooohing and aaaaahing over what bike next, and, after ages procrastinating, I paid off the PCP and I now own the bike outright.

I have a '17 DCT and for what use it gets these days ( I used it to commute in all weathers for over a year and now i have a company car again the bike is just a weekend toy) I could not justify thousands of pounds on another bike to sit in the garage.

I love mine and after 3 years I still can's justify changing it. ( And I've had several models of GS :1100, 1150 ADV and a 1200)

One of the joys of being an old bugger is taking the 25% tax free lump sum from the pension pot and paying off everyone I owed any money to at all.

I spent ages oooohing and aaaaahing over what bike next, and, after ages procrastinating, I paid off the PCP and I now own the bike outright.

I have a '17 DCT and for what use it gets these days ( I used it to commute in all weathers for over a year and now i have a company car again the bike is just a weekend toy) I could not justify thousands of pounds on another bike to sit in the garage.

I love mine and after 3 years I still can's justify changing it. ( And I've had several models of GS :1100, 1150 ADV and a 1200)

Good for you mate :thumb2

I think my 2017 Africa Twin DCT is a great bike. Hoping to get many years of fun with it.

Tough decision. I have picked up a used T7 for similar money so have pretty much decided to sell or hand back the AT. The T7 is not better, it's just a fair bit lighter and nice and simple. AT remains an excellent bike, a great do it all bike.

I sold mine. still probably my favourite bike out on open roads and for touring. but had to keep my mates old 990 as it ws passed on to me and it though very different was too similar to have sitting there under a tarp. I must say though its great to have a clutch again. riding off road is much butter with a clutch loads more control. but the riding position standing and sitting is better on the Africa Twin . a great great bike I may get another one day who knows.

I'm handing mine back at end of term in September! I bad a test ride on the T7 and although I quite liked it it's not for me and I'm addicted to the DCT I will be searching for a deal on another africa twin in the depths of winter.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Looking at trading-in my John Banks deal AT DCT for a new 1100 Adv Sports, but the sensible option is to pay off the GMFV and keep a really good bike.

Aside from the published offers, Honda is currently offering a £600 loyalty bonus for existing AT owners which is tempting.

Looking at trading-in my John Banks deal AT DCT for a new 1100 Adv Sports, but the sensible option is to pay off the GMFV and keep a really good bike.

Aside from the published offers, Honda is currently offering a £600 loyalty bonus for existing AT owners which is tempting.
Where did you find the details of this loyalty bonus, and could it go towards a lesser bike, such as a scoot etc

I’m pretty sure I’ll pay it off and keep it. A new one wouldn’t have sufficient extra kit to make me spunk the best part of £8k on it. Cruise would be nice...but not essential...I’ve done without it for 35 yrs. TFT screen? Look fine but not worth the extra. Fuel range ? I’m happy with 200 miles, ride with several who also have 180-200 so gain nowt with a huge tank. New replacement wheels are sat in their boxes and I’ll just keep using the cheapo 2nd hand ones with the tubeless conversion.
I’d rather spend that £8k flying it to Canada and travelling for a few months. :beerjug:

I'm with you and I agree with your approach. THAT is exactly what you should do! Use the bloody thing and DO something you'll remember for the rest of your life. The amount of money people spend, that they don't already have so borrow on a never ending treadmill of PCP, in order to afford the latest bling and then worry about riding in case they put a slight scratch on it amazes me. :blast

Back
Top Bottom