PCP - Who's handing theirs back?

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So you're half way through your PCP Deal on Africa Twin.

Anybody planning on handing theirs back... or you keeping it and paying it off?

Just curious if you've been happy with bike.

... and if you've already handed it back on PCP, what was your experience with the dealer?

looking @ used prices, the £6500 GFV after 3 years is about there money so theres no equity to be used on a new'un.

Can a dealer refuse to take the bike ! reason I'm asking my local dealer sold none on the 17 deal however i thinks there going to get several back when time comes and the GFV does not leave much profit unless H-uk discount them future to the dealer.

looking @ used prices, the £6500 GFV after 3 years is about there money so theres no equity to be used on a new'un.

Can a dealer refuse to take the bike ! reason I'm asking my local dealer sold none on the 17 deal however i thinks there going to get several back when time comes and the GFV does not leave much profit unless H-uk discount them future to the dealer.

I'm guessing they will make it very difficult to just hand it back, without a price penalty. They'll be looking for every stone chip, blemish. Only way they'll make any money I suspect.

Great news for the second hand market buyers though, good bike for very little money. :thumb2

I'm guessing they will make it very difficult to just hand it back, without a price penalty. They'll be looking for every stone chip, blemish. Only way they'll make any money I suspect.

That's you fucked then! :D

The GFV is not the dealers problem it is the Finance companys if you are handing it back and walking away, the Finance company have to deal with it and dispose so if you end up in negative equity unless you decide to buy it outright give it back less costs (mileage excess,prep etc), Honda dealers will be cherry picking the good ones

Im looking to get another bike later in the year 1250GS HP KTM 1290 or a Multistrada unless the new Africa Twin comes out with all the toys of the others then ill reconsider ill pay cash this time, I got 2 Africa Twins on PCP one for me one for the son in law after being told thea PCP was the best deal in history !!

his one will be going back with a GFV of £5540 or final payment of £5550, Mine I put the max deposit on so the final payment is only £2300 but GFV is £6650 so his will go back and Ill pay mine off and he will have that !!

Im looking to get another bike later in the year 1250GS HP KTM 1290 or a Multistrada unless the new Africa Twin comes out with all the toys of the others then ill reconsider ill pay cash this time,

Larger engine on the horizon [maybe]

his one will be going back with a GFV of £5540 or final payment of £5550, Mine I put the max deposit on so the final payment is only £2300 but GFV is £6650 so his will go back and Ill pay mine off and he will have that !!

I would have thought your sons bike is worth paying off the GFV and sell it yourselves @ a profit.

Im looking to get another bike later in the year 1250GS HP KTM 1290 or a Multistrada unless the new Africa Twin comes out with all the toys of the others then ill reconsider ill pay cash this time, I got 2 Africa Twins on PCP one for me one for the son in law after being told thea PCP was the best deal in history !!

Yeah I'm going to pay mine off.

Can't do much else really as it's battered :D

Got any other unmarried daughters??:D:thumb

1290. Get on with it.

I’m pretty sure I’ll pay it off and keep it. A new one wouldn’t have sufficient extra kit to make me spunk the best part of £8k on it. Cruise would be nice...but not essential...I’ve done without it for 35 yrs. TFT screen? Look fine but not worth the extra. Fuel range ? I’m happy with 200 miles, ride with several who also have 180-200 so gain nowt with a huge tank. New replacement wheels are sat in their boxes and I’ll just keep using the cheapo 2nd hand ones with the tubeless conversion.
I’d rather spend that £8k flying it to Canada and travelling for a few months. :beerjug:

I'm still in 2 minds, ultimately if you have £6400 to spend on a bike, would you pick an africa twin? Giving it back costs nothing and I will have saved the £6400 to the either pay it off or spend the on another bike... Ktm 1190 adventure R would be similar value and is a lot of bike..

..... Or similar money could buy a ktm 950/990 adventure (similar performance and ability to the Africa twin) as well as something like an old 2002 fireblade..

I'm still in 2 minds, ultimately if you have £6400 to spend on a bike, would you pick an africa twin? Giving it back costs nothing and I will have saved the £6400 to the either pay it off or spend the on another bike... Ktm 1190 adventure R would be similar value and is a lot of bike..

I would buy an Africa Twin for £9000 and I did... to then own it outright for £6,400 is a bargain in my opinion.

It's a very good bike.

I was out on my GSA Fast Road tarmac touring on Saturday.

I was out on my Africa Twin grit laning and backroad countryside today.

LOVED both bikes, both are brilliant and worth the money.

Great fun.

It's a bit of a bargain for sure, but someone on here sold a decent one with full luggage for £5750 a week ago.. How cheap will they be in 18 months... I think it's a great bike but if I'm honest I wouldn't have bought it (pcp) if it wasn't such an amazing deal (£70pm).. Like I said, I'm in 2 minds and probably won't make a decision until close to the 3 year period.

Back
Top Bottom