rear shock fefurbishment

Preload changes rear sag, not stiffness. daming alters the rate the spring can compress / extend.

For more weight you will def need more damping to keep the feel the same as before adding the weight

Phew, I’m not a complete idiot (several parts still to be fitted).

Another recommendation for Luke AKA Denzo, Just received my ESA rear shock from my 2005 R1200RT back after a full strip down & rebuild with a slightly uprated spring to help when two up & fully loaded.

Luke stripped down & repaired the rebound damping adjuster stepper motor, which was badly corroded with a completely shot and rusted bearing. Looks as good as new now, so I'll be sending him the front next week :)

Great guy, with great communication, posted me loads of photo's of the progress of the rebuild.

Thx

Mat

Another big + for Luke / Dens0 . Very helpful and informative.
My Wilbers ESA shocks front and rear are working like new again after he serviced them.

Yet another big thumbs up for Lukasz (Dens0) my 2009 R1200RT with only 34K on the clock was getting stripped down for a tidy up and thought i would get the suspension looked at. It had been running ok i thought ESA was moving when you choose the different settings. So glad i got it down to him as they were in an awful state. Once the rubber boots split or perish over the years then the water gets straight in, Lukasz did a great restoration on the stepper motors and they look like new now so very happy and very reasonably priced. New springs look the piece cant wait to get it out on the road once all back together.

Luke is currently Rebuilding my Rear Shock from my 2007 GSA.
Really looking forward to seeing the End Results.....

Yet another big thumbs up for Lukasz (Dens0) my 2009 R1200RT with only 34K on the clock was getting stripped down for a tidy up and thought i would get the suspension looked at. It had been running ok i thought ESA was moving when you choose the different settings. So glad i got it down to him as they were in an awful state. Once the rubber boots split or perish over the years then the water gets straight in, Lukasz did a great restoration on the stepper motors and they look like new now so very happy and very reasonably priced. New springs look the piece cant wait to get it out on the road once all back together.

Mine were exactly the same, both stepper motors siezed up and corroded... brilliant job Dens0 on the repair and refurb. My front will be re-fitted at the weekend :)

Can I ask what you guys who got a new rear spring went for?

I'm about to get into Denz0's queue with my rear shock. And I'm pondering a stiffer spring...

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'm about to get into Denz0's queue with my rear shock. And I'm pondering a stiffer spring...

Cheers

I went up from 170N/mm to 220N/mm on the rear. I'm about 15.5st without gear and Mrs is about 10st I do mostly two up with luggage. Left the front as standard

Cheers

I opted for just a standard sized spring again was toying with getting stiffer but its good incentive for me to keep my weight down :)

I went up from 170N/mm to 220N/mm on the rear. I'm about 15.5st without gear and Mrs is about 10st I do mostly two up with luggage. Left the front as standard
Thanks for that

You're a tad heavier than me (I'm just shy of 13 stone).

The weather has been utter shite for ages, but have you had a chance to get ot on it? How does it feel? Less sag presumably, but much change to the handling?

Didn't ask if you have ESA? If yes, does the damping still give much change?

I'm still trying to get my head around the whole spring vs damping. Meaning, you might have a softer spring but then the damping is used to alter its behaviour - so with a stiffer spring, with the damping have quite such a big role to play? Do I sound lost?

Sounds about right. The clever damping in active suspension compensates for a spring that might not be properly weight rated - or alternatively allows one weight rated Spring to work in many different circumstances.

Getting the spring right puts the suspension closer to its sweet spot where damping & spring work best together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for that

You're a tad heavier than me (I'm just shy of 13 stone).

The weather has been utter shite for ages, but have you had a chance to get ot on it? How does it feel? Less sag presumably, but much change to the handling?

Didn't ask if you have ESA? If yes, does the damping still give much change?

I'm still trying to get my head around the whole spring vs damping. Meaning, you might have a softer spring but then the damping is used to alter its behaviour - so with a stiffer spring, with the damping have quite such a big role to play? Do I sound lost?

I'm just waiting to re-fit my front shock, but basically both front and rear ESA stepper motors were badly corroded and the bearing(s) shot, the front was completely seized. So I'm expecting a bit improvement when I get out to ride on it. I'll let you know how it feels.

Mat

Just want to add my 5 star rating for Luke.
ESA rear shock rebuild and electrics sorted - 3 day turnaround and way cheaper than anyone else.
:beerjug:

Just had both my shocks back from Denzo/Luke.. Highly recomended, didn't realise how bad the shocks had got. Appreciated the help on re-fitting from him with a follow up on "sag" checking... Thx Luke 5 stars

Can I ask how people are sending their shocks to Denz0?

I ask because he did my front and I can really tell the difference so I'm desperado to get my rear shock to him. But at the same time, I've developed a phobia of couriers - Parcel Force it's chiefly responsible for that! Bunch of !@#$%!

I googled the cheapest courier.
Lukasz let me know when the shocks have arrived.
Great guy, very happy with the shocks.

Can I ask how people are sending their shocks to Denz0?

I ask because he did my front and I can really tell the difference so I'm desperado to get my rear shock to him. But at the same time, I've developed a phobia of couriers - Parcel Force it's chiefly responsible for that! Bunch of !@#$%!

I used Hermes for sending mine, local drop off and print of label at our Co-Op so very easy. You can pay for extra cover think its upto £500

Hello there!

Just a quick update!
I will continue to repair the shocks in this crazy time as long as UPS/Parcelforce/Hermes will operate...

I personally prefer UPS to deliver my parcels 24h in most cases... (I use the main website or parcel2go)

I would like to say big THANKS to all of you that been sending me the shocks and trusting to do the work/upgrades.

Recently I was very busy I guess spring is nearby...

A couple of photos of the recent work.
5ddebdcaf09218c0f06ddbaeef2623b3.jpg
92df015264a72f1c3bd98ce92a2ac581.jpg
2307998c770512215826777f22de4083.jpg
0af5a1e0f7646e62adaa1d712f728474.jpg
bd31fd36d26689006c3c9d424b82231d.jpg
0a66c5f69d0db25cf2268d518173fcd4.jpg
21f5820c46e69f4b483ef71812c256db.jpg
1defa9da9116f7b006cb1cf691788284.jpg
7f6cd9ebf7d77d4b7b4584cb2382b2a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back