rear shock fefurbishment

Just a quick note to thank Dens0 for the brilliant job overhauling my rear shock. During last month I came home to UK for 2 weeks only and he did a fantastic job of overhauling, re-valving and fitting a new upgraded spring. I sent it to him on a Monday and received it back the following Monday (looking like new). I fitted it last Thursday and my wife and I went up the Cacausus Mountains for the weekend. We went to a village called Laza 2000m above sea level. The bike rode perfectly with both of us and about a further 30kgs of luggage.
Thanks Dens0 - Great Job Highly recommended

Good day to you Denz0.
Advice please. I have a 2012 GSA (ESA). Purchased the bike in April and have ridden over 10k kms to date. At what point would you suggest a suspension overhaul? I don't know whether it needs it or not? This is the first GSA1200 I've had and the suspension is what it is and I have just go on with it and got used to it as it is. 90% of my riding is solo with luggage, or two up with luggage. What would you reccomend?
Chhers and have a great day.

Good day to you Denz0.
Advice please. I have a 2012 GSA (ESA). Purchased the bike in April and have ridden over 10k kms to date. At what point would you suggest a suspension overhaul? I don't know whether it needs it or not? This is the first GSA1200 I've had and the suspension is what it is and I have just go on with it and got used to it as it is. 90% of my riding is solo with luggage, or two up with luggage. What would you reccomend?
I'm not Denz0, but unless you have some way of knowing the suspension has been serviced or renewed, my guess would be, you'd benefit with getting them both serviced.

You don't mention total mileage of the bike? But age will also play a part. Mine's a 2011, not much two up use, but luggage yes.

I can definitely recommend Denz0 . Transforms the bike when the suspension is working. Especially if you're carrying luggage and two up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Good day to you Denz0.
Hi
So first we should start with the fact that the 10-year-old oil is not performing at its best.
When I dyno tested the 5-15year old shock I always get 10-25% loss in shock damping performance.
It doesn't have to leak to be ready for service.
After the 40K miles, internal parts are worn to the point where service can save the shock at 90K most of the parts are completely worn out and the shaft is damaged.

Custom spring and valving would be one of the best things you can do to that bike beside a comfortable seat and good remap.
Showa and WP are good shocks and worth keeping
Most of the aftermarket shocks don't offer PDS (progressive damping). And we have that on the stock dampers.
New shocks are not made like the old one
Some pictures of 2016 GSA shock ( very common problem).
6ad9bc06b6751b4d43c947a1204525d3.jpg
a8aaf955165c7105ed792522c18c8657.jpg
a2ab84945e3725cbc58766d430f34222.jpg
71a5f797c83fa4f7593129d85522b37e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ive used Denzo too and my 12Gs handles superbly again :thumb

Hi Denzo, what would you charge for a service and spring upgrade on a rear ESA shock for a K1600GT? And what’s your turn-around time? Do you offer a complete ride-in, ride-out service (removing and installing shocks too?)

Cheers,

Marc

Great service from Denz0!

Very excited to hear that my 2008 (K25) ESA rear shock is on it's way back to me today......having had the Denz0 treatment.....

Re-seal, new oil, and re-valve.

The shock only arrived with him on Thursday afternoon, and I wake up to a message on Monday to say it's coming back.

I hear so much good feedback about the service - it really is true!

I'll report back on how it rides in the next couple of weeks....

Thanks Denz0

Hi Denzo, what would you charge for a service and spring upgrade on a rear ESA shock for a K1600GT? And what’s your turn-around time? Do you offer a complete ride-in, ride-out service (removing and installing shocks too?)

Cheers,

Marc
Hi Only just spotted your question.
If the shock is delivered to me it takes about 3-5 days before I send it back if there is no damage to the shaft and all the stepper motors work fine.
I can tell more once I get the shock.
Depending on the mileage/damage you can expect something around £200 including a new spring. Just a guide price could be less or could be more.
PM for more info.
All the best Luke

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Spoilt for choice on which thread to post a bit of praise for DenzO's work. I removed and sent him the ESA shocks from my RT Twin Cam which had 10 years and 33k miles under their belt. Having had a rear shock throw the towel in on my K13GT at 26k I reckoned an overhaul was due. They did indeed both need sorting and refurb, an upgraded spring and refurb for the front and a new shaft on the rear as well as new piston band and seals. Although they were "working", they were both seized on "sport" and the rear was on the way out. Turned round in a few days and great value, cost less than a pair of discs for the front. Back on the bike now and after a couple of hundred miles the handling feels great. It's good to be safe in the knowledge that they won't let me down for a long time to come.

So many thanks, Luke (DenzO), and I know I'm just one of your many satisfied customers on here. :beerjug:

Good day guys, by the date stamp of this thread I can see it was been some time ago. But I do have a question and hope someone here can help. I live in South Africa and the guys here are charging stupid money do service the shocks on the bikes. I have a BMW R1150gs with standard showa shocks front and rear and they are gone. Feels like you are riding a pogo stick. Now by the looks of this thread it can be serviced even though the dealers says no. 1st question;do I need to release the nito that is in the shock before you open them? (it is my understanding that the nito is in a separate floating piston and the oil is not pressured but the floating piston is?) 2nd question: do I need to replace the valves on the shock head as well or will a good cleaning do the trick and oil replacement? 3de question: how do I open the front shock? The cap is crimed over? Does it have a lock ring or something inside? Can I cut the crimped part open? And then do I need to release the nito or can I just do a clean and new oil? Thanks guys hope to hear from you soon as the ride on my GS is terrible at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom