Motybike insurers who DON'T charge admin fees?

ronnie69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any suggestions for motybike insurers who don't charge admin fees?

I've read various threads on here about specific issues with specific insurers, a couple of which mention insurers who don't charge admin fees, but wondered if peeps on here could suggest any others.

Cheers

There were always admin fees - it’s just that they are forced to declare what they earn as agents.

OR - are you talking about mid-term alterations?

I’m sure they are out there, but............ the policies are probably loaded with a slightly higher admin fee on issue.

BUT - Are you talking about Underwriters OR Brokers?

Not clear

There were always admin fees - it’s just that they are forced to declare what they earn as agents.

OR - are you talking about mid-term alterations?

I’m sure they are out there, but............ the policies are probably loaded with a slightly higher admin fee on issue.

BUT - Are you talking about Underwriters OR Brokers?

Not clear

I meant admin fees for mid term alterations.

Underwriters or brokers - not really bothered although I think that direct access to underwriters (for bike insurance at least) is fairly rare these days - although I stand to be corrected.

I've made changes to my RH Insurance poilicy for no charge, including adding a foreign rider to my policy. That said, both my bikes are on classic insurance, not sure about moderns.

I don't think BeMoto charge admin for mid term changes.

There are two charging structures for insurance.
Pricey but covers things like change of details at no cost ... or....
Cheap but charge like a wounded Rhino for the smallest change.
Takes your choice.

I've made changes to my RH Insurance poilicy for no charge, including adding a foreign rider to my policy. That said, both my bikes are on classic insurance, not sure about moderns.

They're on my list but close at 6pm on a Friday. I'll try them tomorrow if time allows.

I don't think BeMoto charge admin for mid term changes.

Correctamundo; they do not :clap

I've tried them and they seem quite switched on. Their quote is higher than my current insurer but I'd save the difference (ish) as soon as I change bike by avoiding the admin fee to change (I'm about to change bike but don't know the exact date yet and whether it will fall before or after renewal). However, bemoto's quote includes a £500 x/s (current policy is £175) combined with a bolt on policy which insures the £500 x/s so if you have a claim, once it pays out, your bolt on policy then refunds your £500 x/s. This seems unnecessarily complicated with another layer of bureaucracy and (I suspect) another insurer in the mix. I'd rather just have a standard lowish x/s without having to bother with ‘insurance to cover my insurance’, but that isn't available from bemoto (not to me anyway).

There are two charging structures for insurance.
Pricey but covers things like change of details at no cost ... or....
Cheap but charge like a wounded Rhino for the smallest change.
Takes your choice.
Absolutely correct. I paid £84 for my policy. Midterm change of bike, only difference 3 years newer cost me an additional £109.

Cancellation fee was £75 if invoked.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Absolutely correct. I paid £84 for my policy. Midterm change of bike, only difference 3 years newer cost me an additional £109.

Cancellation fee was £75 if invoked.

They get you every time one way or another...but £84 to insure your trusty machine is peanuts imo, can't have it all ways ;)

eBike never charged me a mid term adjustment fee (and I added/changed bikes a lot), I would have stayed with them had their renewal quote not trebled (something to do with changing name to Brightside).

Back
Top Bottom