Running the London Marathon for London’s Air Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stujw70

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been training for the 2019 London Marathon since mid January and decided once I was happy I would be able to complete it (ie this week as I have reached the 20 mile distance mark last w/end and have 22 miles next Mon) that I would set about raising a few quid for London’s Air Ambulance.

It’s quite a big deal for me as it’s in my mind, all about being as good as I can get post stroke in mid 2017 whilst raising a few bob for a good cause. If I can beat my 2016 time of 4:57 I will be super chuffed. :thumb2

If anyone fancies popping a few bob towards my target, here’s my Justgiving page https://www.justgiving.com/Stuart-W...rd1&utm_campaign=pfp-email&utm_term=WYWmMVQMk

Thanks very much

There ya go, there’s a couple of ponies for you big fella.

Mind you finish it though or I’ll ask for it back.

Nin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There ya go, there’s a couple of ponies for you big fella.

Mind you finish it though or I’ll ask for it back.

Nin

Wow! Thanks Simon, that’s super generous of you. Owe you a beer or three next time I see you :beerjug:

No beer needed.

My Ma had a stroke at 52 so I know how tough that is.

My sister in law is a London Ambulance Service first responder so I know how valuable the air ambulance is.

And frankly the thought of a big fella like you running 26 miles is a huge laugh.

No beer needed.

My Ma had a stroke at 52 so I know how tough that is.

My sister in law is a London Ambulance Service first responder so I know how valuable the air ambulance is.

And frankly the thought of a big fella like you running 26 miles is a huge laugh.

:aidan

Donated. Good luck and hope you get your time. You and your sister are a credit to yourselves.

Wileeeeeey & Wreford

Thanks very much for the donations, very kind of you both :beerjug:

Phew! So today was the last of the really long training runs (20 miles) and I was pretty pooped to be honest.
Its just a half marathon next weekend and a 8 miler the week after that, with various short plods on the days in between before the big day.

Here’s what a 20 mile plod looks like. Looks a long way, and felt it. Time for some good stodgy food and a beer :jager

https://www.relive.cc/view/g32751901117

Phew! So today was the last of the really long training runs (20 miles) and I was pretty pooped to be honest.
Its just a half marathon next weekend and a 8 miler the week after that, with various short plods on the days in between before the big day.

Here’s what a 20 mile plod looks like. Looks a long way, and felt it. Time for some good stodgy food and a beer :jager

https://www.relive.cc/view/g32751901117

Could you not have taken the opportunity to draw a big cock or something?

Getting closer to the marathon itself now :eek::)

Today’s morning activity involved a half marathon race, so it literally is a few minor mid week runs and a 8 miler next weekend with a pretty chilled last week in the run up.

Thanks very much to Belgium Beemer, Bowser & Sparkplug who bought a couple of things from me and made the payment via my sponsorship page :beerjug:

Well the big day is nearly here, number and charity collected earlier today and a quick stop off for the obligatory pre run charity photo.

Def not the most flattering pic :blast

Currently my sponsorship total is £900, so a massive thanks to everyone that has kindly sponsored me from UKGSER :beerjug:

If I don’t make it, my boots are size 11 :thumb2

Attachments

• 720CEAA1-AE1E-4BCC-B159-3664855CF074.jpg
    720CEAA1-AE1E-4BCC-B159-3664855CF074.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 130
Well the big day is nearly here, number and charity collected earlier today and a quick stop off for the obligatory pre run charity photo.

Def not the most flattering pic :blast

Currently my sponsorship total is £900, so a massive thanks to everyone that has kindly sponsored me from UKGSER :beerjug:

If I don’t make it, my boots are size 11 :thumb2
Good luck Stu:thumb

Good luck Stu:thumb

Cheers mate,

Just by way of update.
Tomorrow is the big day so a short note to say thanks very much to members of Ukgser who have contributed along with friends, family and work colleagues towards my fundraising for London’s Air Ambulance. To say I’m blown away by the total is a understatement.

:beerjug:

Attachments

• 052A29A4-F786-4EAF-AC8F-F8D14D816F7D.jpg
    052A29A4-F786-4EAF-AC8F-F8D14D816F7D.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 109
Good luck tomorrow Stu, don’t feck it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well it’s all over for this year and I would love to say it was eas. It alas it was a case of getting carried away a bit for the first 13ish miles, then grinding to a bit of halt and completing the remaining distance very much walk-run all the way through to the end.

That said, I did beat my previous time from 2016 by near to 10minutes. My Garmin run watch gives a idea of the amount of dodgy around other runners I did, as basically if you follow the exact line marked on the ground it will be the 26.2 miles, but my watch actually shows 27.69 miles :eek:

I pleased to say my sponsorship has now gone in excess of the £1200 mark, so chuffed to bits with that.

:beerjug:

Attachments

• 47C791E0-BCBF-47BF-9652-E24AABAA1D23.jpg
    47C791E0-BCBF-47BF-9652-E24AABAA1D23.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom