Who knew - not me clearly..

SA9819

Reaction score
Went to the local petrol station, filled the tank and thought i'd be responsible and check the tyre pressure and if necessary top the air up.

Only the valves on a 2009 RT seem to be smaller than expected.

Can anyone recommend an adaptor? The local BMW dealer has directed me to Nippy Norman's, but which one do I need?

Went to the local petrol station, filled the tank and thought i'd be responsible and check the tyre pressure and if necessary top the air up.

Can anyone recommend an adaptor? The local BMW dealer has directed me to Nippy Norman's, but which one do I need?

Not sure, the valves on the 2007, 2010 and 2014 are the same size, I use the same foot pump, so not quite sure why yours are different

I've had 1200RT's from 2007, 2012 & 2016, & never experienced a problem. I certainly doubt that BMW suddenly brought in a run of small valves. I'd try another airline or pump first.

You weren't using the adjacent water hose by accident were you ? :D

??? Pictures please. As far as I am aware they are standard Schrader valves (apparently they are also called American valves!)

??? Pictures please. As far as I am aware they are standard Schrader valves (apparently they are also called American valves!)

I have the same issue with the front wheel of my ‘07 RTP. It is the length of the o.e.m valve body that is the problem, not the Schrader valve per se

Back
Top Bottom