Screen Madstad Bracket Good Value

stonehenge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It is well known now that the standard screen on the F850GS produces a bit of turbulence. The even smaller one on the F750GS does not disturb the air flow so the rider has the benefit of being in a clean air environment, but you get hit with the wind blast on the body as speed increases (which will be nice in the hot summer temps).

The screen mounts are very upright and if you buy after market, the large screens (even the Givi air flow) basically act like a barn door and introduce a lot of turbulence. Madstad, quite correctly say that you need air flow underneath the screen to counter the turbulence and to angle the screen more towards the rider, reducing the barn door affect.

If you look at the Madstad bracket, it raises the screen away from the cockpit allowing clean air underneath and is adjustable for angle. All good. They also include some wind deflectors (PUIG ones are £90 alone) and a GPS mount above the cockpit (Horning ones are £60). So for £180 you are getting a one stop shop for better windscreen placement and adjustment (you need to buy your preferred Screen like a Givi or a PUIG), deflectors and GPS mount. This makes the bracket around £30 which is a bargain if you factor in the Defector and GPS mount price.

Now, I haven't bought one, as I have my own Madstad like arrangement to introduce air underneath the screen and angled the screen backwards. I use the adjustable Givi Airflow which is the only screen that improves the flow of air with speed due to its reverse wing shaped design.

Anyway I have used Madstad previously (on an original V Strom) and can highly recommend them - the Madstad Bracket for the F750/850 is a bit of a bargain IMO.

When you put it like that, I guess it’s not bad value, and for sure it does actually work.

Back
Top Bottom