Waterproof 12v USB/Lightning cable ?

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anybody seen a waterproof USB/lightning cable that plugs into a 12v accessory socket ?

I’ve got a waterproof case on my iPhone and would like to use it on the X-grip mount but powered up via an accessory socket but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cable that provides a waterproof seal into the socket ? Ta.

I’ve had a good search but only this stuff comes up

b21b16817da1a819ed59131980c9d766.jpg

And I want to use the existing sockets on my bikes,not add a new one

I use an Ultimate Addons hella adaptor with no issues, it's not got a waterproof seal for the socket but the unit is waterproof.

That is the one I use - it survived the rain and snow of northern Spain on my RT last May. My issues have been oxidation on pin 4 (+tve) of the lightning connector for the iPhone 7. Not direct wetting but water vapour seems to make it happen. UA did replace it but I’m wondering if it will happen again

That is the one I use - it survived the rain and snow of northern Spain on my RT last May. My issues have been oxidation on pin 4 (+tve) of the lightning connector for the iPhone 7. Not direct wetting but water vapour seems to make it happen. UA did replace it but I’m wondering if it will happen again

Ok ta for the info.I’ll order one.

I have a twin port USB connector (from NN I think) that angles up. I have a camera and phone powered through it. All I have done is snipped a ballon and passed the cables through it then pushed the ballon end over the USB adapter. Have never had any water ingress in the hardest of downpours. Works a treat and at a couple of quid for a bag of twenty balloons, it’s a bargain.

That's the one, I uses their waterproof case as a phone holder so have not had the issues of corrosion on the phone end.

Bollox !!

I ordered the recommended adapter as mentioned above but it’s too bloody small !

849988fd364be4ac2deb2dc7d55b5829.jpg

acd934168063241281b66313e02bacd6.jpg

A Din Hella socket obviously isn’t the same thing as a standard 12v accessory socket as found on most bikes !!

Thanks for the links.

I already have one very similar to your first link but I’m looking for something waterproof,to use with my phone in its Lifeproof case.

I called Ultimate Addons and it turns out they don’t make what I want but are working on it.

Bollox !!

I ordered the recommended adapter as mentioned above but it’s too bloody small !

A Din Hella socket obviously isn’t the same thing as a standard 12v accessory socket as found on most bikes !!

this does not fit the socket on the GS /GSA ? I thought they were din hella Size ?

this does not fit the socket on the GS /GSA ? I thought they were din hella Size ?

DC Arsey does not have a GS at the moment, I believe he is quite Orange.........;)

I do have a GS but was wanting this cable to use on my other bikes.

I’ve ordered one of these for now and will just have to cover it in something if it rains .

2d2836c9dd2626fa3398f3b2d0fdf532.jpg

I do have a GS but was wanting this cable to use on my other bikes.

I’ve ordered one of these for now and will just have to cover it in something if it rains .

2d2836c9dd2626fa3398f3b2d0fdf532.jpg

can I ask where you ordered that from Arsey ?
cheers

Back
Top Bottom