Nippy norman/cymarc oil/liquid bottle an bracket

ghost-rider

Reaction score
Anyone fitted one of these, im after some fitting advice??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Anyone fitted one of these, im after some fitting advice??

Basically what im looking to find out is, the plate holds the bottle, has a slot in it that sits over a ridge in the plastics under beak/headlight area, but it also butts upto another ridge at the same time if that makes sense, what i want to know is the bit that the plate butts upto, does the plate sit in front of it or over it if that makes sense??, if anyones fitted one hopefully youll get what im on about

Cheers in advance

I've fitted one. I bought it from Nippy Normans, complete with a 1/2 litre black plastic bottle. From what I remember of the fitting process, there is a slot in the metal shelf which fits over the reinforcing plastic ridge in the bike's panel. The retaining bolt goes through forward of the slot with a spacer to support the underside of the shelf so the whole thing is very stable once bolted down as it is effectively supported by the whole of the ridge plus the bolt. The only real challenge is getting the hole drilled in the right place. I held the plate in place and turned a drill bit in the hole by hand to make a mark on the panel below. There was just enough room to get an electric drill into position to drill the hole, albeit at a slight angle, but you need to be careful not to do any damage with the drill chuck. It would be easier to drill from below, but no easy way of marking the location accurately.

I had already used a 1/3 litre Primus fuel bottle to take spare oil in one of the tool tubes I've fitted to my bike, with a 1 litre bottle of petrol in the other. This will give me more space for a few tools in one of the tubes. In the end I preferred to use the 1/3 litre Primus bottle to the 1/2 litre NN plastic bottle which I think is a bit too big and sticks up too far. Pic below.

Fred

A6K5-50760-XL.jpg

I've fitted one. I bought it from Nippy Normans, complete with a 1/2 litre black plastic bottle. From what I remember of the fitting process, there is a slot in the metal shelf which fits over the reinforcing plastic ridge in the bike's panel. The retaining bolt goes through forward of the slot with a spacer to support the underside of the shelf so the whole thing is very stable once bolted down as it is effectively supported by the whole of the ridge plus the bolt. The only real challenge is getting the hole drilled in the right place. I held the plate in place and turned a drill bit in the hole by hand to make a mark on the panel below. There was just enough room to get an electric drill into position to drill the hole, albeit at a slight angle, but you need to be careful not to do any damage with the drill chuck. It would be easier to drill from below, but no easy way of marking the location accurately.

I had already used a 1/3 litre Primus fuel bottle to take spare oil in one of the tool tubes I've fitted to my bike, with a 1 litre bottle of petrol in the other. This will give me more space for a few tools in one of the tubes. In the end I preferred to use the 1/3 litre Primus bottle to the 1/2 litre NN plastic bottle which I think is a bit too big and sticks up too far. Pic below.

Fred

A6K5-50760-XL.jpg
Thanks for replyin mate, if you take out your bottle tho, and look down at it, can you see the ridge of plastic the plate butts upto, or does it sit over it if this makes sense??

I will have a look at it tomorrow and take another picture without the bottle, but I think the metal plate rests on top of the plastic ridge and is folded down on one edge and this folded down section has a slot in it which goes over the plastic ridge and so securely locates the plate, which is then fixed in position with the bolt.

Nice one fred, just what i was lookin for, it goes over the plastic ridge, thanks for the help lads

Nice one fred, just what i was lookin for, it goes over the plastic ridge, thanks for the help lads

No problem. If you look carefully in those pics you can see the top of the slot in the folded down section on the left, and that shows you where it fits with respect to the plastic ridge.

No problem. If you look carefully in those pics you can see the top of the slot in the folded down section on the left, and that shows you where it fits with respect to the plastic ridge.
I saw it straight away mate, i forgot there was piccys on nippys site, so cheers for that, as a side note, the nippy bottle now has like a plastic cap inside the lid that looks as if it needs removing, it sits over the actual seal thats in the lid, like i say it looks like your sposed to remove this, but there no mention in the destructions and i dont rememba my last one having these, any ideas??

Just had a look at mine, and detached the lower ring from the lid, and took out the white seal. Seems to screw down better, but maybe it is needed to prevent leakage. Maybe try it with and without and see how well it seals. I'm not going to use it anyway, but would be interested to hear how you get on.

I fitted one a week ago... know what you mean. I’ll take some photos tomorrow to send you....

I hav... had one of these until the bottle decided to go walkies on the A272 recently. - the retaining strap is shit and it really needs to be a thicker rubber ring or similar that locks around the neck rather than the velcro strap it has.

I hav... had one of these until the bottle decided to go walkies on the A272 recently. - the retaining strap is shit and it really needs to be a thicker rubber ring or similar that locks around the neck rather than the velcro strap it has.
Wot u really mean is, you was pullin a wheelie on the A272 an it fell out

i carry spare oil ....... in the panniers , but only when i go away , rest of the time i check it at home . this seems a lot of trouble for nothing .

I only carry oil when on long trips, though have never yet needed to use it. Still, nice to have a drop of the correct stuff with me just in case, and this arrangement means it doesn't take up any of my limited luggage space which is quite important on two-up tours.

I fitted one of these and fou d it fouling on the fork leg unfortunately I only noticed this after it had scratched the black anodized station, just wondering if this only affects the shorter gsa

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I fitted one of these and fou d it fouling on the fork leg unfortunately I only noticed this after it had scratched the black anodized station, just wondering if this only affects the shorter gsa

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Id say your right, iv had one of these now on 3 bikes, 1 gs, an 2 gsa's, all standard ride height, no issues.

Why? From what I’ve seen the LC bikes don’t use oil. Even on my TC which uses a little I’ve never found the need. Once in a 3,500 mile trip around Europe I did buy a litre, which was available from any petrol station.

Why? From what I’ve seen the LC bikes don’t use oil. Even on my TC which uses a little I’ve never found the need. Once in a 3,500 mile trip around Europe I did buy a litre, which was available from any petrol station.
Why not, the bracket can also be used to hold drinks etc

Back
Top Bottom