Anone help with powerscreen wiring 1995 RT?

HairyJock

Reaction score
Hi folks. Newby here - just picked up mint 96 R1100RT last week (my 1st oilhead - always had airheads) and the power screen is not working. Well it will work but only if I fidge it....
BTW what a PITA to get to those relays! Now they easilly sit behind the speaker grill for future probs....
Anyway - battled to get another 2 new realys - fitted them and still not working. So delved in with the manual and got the motor off and its working fine (2 wires) got the power in to both relays from 12v Batt+, got, got the power from handlebar switch 12v ok for both up and down, got the earths on both replays and the motor ok. However nothing happens unless - see pic - I earth the up/down switch from the relays (not the handlebar) to the up/down switch on motor. I've got a bodge (see pic) where if I bridge the 2 switched wires on relays/motor to a common earth the up/down switch on bars activates!!! What the ??? am I missing here folks - BTW - both the old relays are fine!
https://ibb.co/GTChwDK

Come on folks - must be someone out there who can read an electrical schematic better than me?

So have you checked for the correct operation of the 2 limit switches. If either of those are not working you will get problems.

You have proved the handlebar switch works,
You have proved the relays work,
You have proved the motors work,
You have proved fuses 1 and 5 are working,

The limit switches have not been proved.

Thanks for reply bandytales. Unlike the diagram - I have the Haynes & factory manuals - there is only 1 small Blue limit switch on the motor. It has 3 wires - up/down/earth and 1 contact for the touch against the rotating wheel in motor. If I earth the up or down wires the screen will operate.
The 2 main wires to the motor will only power up if I earth these limit switch wires either on the motor or at the multiplug where the relays are attached.

It looks as though you may have lost the 0v at either 2.5 or 311.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom